OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Seth Clarkson

Fishing this weekend

That should have said blunks, but after thinking more about it, probably only going to do one section either horse creek to Galena or Galena to blunks with the slow water. Any suggestions on which of the 2 you would prefer to fish? Thanks

It's at 397 cfs. That's not a bad flow at all. Both stretches should be pretty good but you will see less traffic Galena to Blunks. But Horse Creek to Galena is one of my most favorite stretches in the world. Tough call. 

2 hours ago, Flysmallie said:

It's at 397 cfs. That's not a bad flow at all. Both stretches should be pretty good but you will see less traffic Galena to Blunks. But Horse Creek to Galena is one of my most favorite stretches in the world. Tough call. 

I figure it will continue to slow down based on previous days. The only time I went Horse Creek to Galena the flow was over a 1,100 cfs do didn't really get to fish. Is that stretch a favorite due to floating, fishing, and scenery or just the fishing? 

2 hours ago, Seth Clarkson said:

I figure it will continue to slow down based on previous days. The only time I went Horse Creek to Galena the flow was over a 1,100 cfs do didn't really get to fish. Is that stretch a favorite due to floating, fishing, and scenery or just the fishing? 

I like it best from 400 to 600. 

There are a lot of reasons I like it. Most are just sentimental. It used to have a lot less traffic on the stretch though too. 

34 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

I like it best from 400 to 600. 

There are a lot of reasons I like it. Most are just sentimental. It used to have a lot less traffic on the stretch though too. 

There are several places that I have fished over the years that I remember at that magical flow, time of year and weather and are unforgettable!!!

Had a good day yesterday. Caught a lot of bass on multiple moving baits. Mainly spots and largemouth, not many smallmouth and the ones we did catch weren't that big. Float was nice but got hot on the last couple bends in the afternoon. Had 3 or 4 right around keeper length and saw quite a few more in the clear water along with tons of big shad and I assume sucker. Fish seemed to be really shallow. Also saw a mink (I think, not sure whatever one calls them around here) and watched a squirell fall out of a tree at the edge of the bank into the water. He ran right back up the bank though, was surprised it lived after falling into such shallow water. 

20190907_101344.jpg

20190907_094507.jpg