OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Phil Lilley

Shad Kill - Threadfin Shad Below B.S. Dam

I just got back from the dam. I didn't see any shad at all. There were 6 or 7 guide boats drifting the area and I didn't see them catch much. Looked like most of them were drifting double fly rigs under an indicator. I tried a white megaworm and nothing on that. Finally caught some on the egg/pheasant tail combo under an indicator. Maybe the shad kill is later in the day or just didn't happen today. 

2 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I thought we were friends😂

You are one of the St. Louis dudes the Terrierman will abide.:)  There are a few others.  I used to live there so I know what it's like.

I called Jeremy and he told me the shad were coming through starting about 1 pm.  Said the fishing was slow till then. 

Not like Taney... once those fish see shad, they hit all the time unless they're gorged and even then they bite a little.  Might have to get away from the dam area and go where they're seeing a few shad get through the gauntlet of fish.

He said a peach mega worm was doing good... getting away from white.

I couldn't go today.  May be next week.

A shad event in the fall is very strange.  We've never had one here I don't think.