OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dpitt

Taney Flybox Recipes

Thanks, I fished Taney a couple days ago... size 14 or 16 gray scud and a pine squirrel leach dead drifted worked really well up in the trophy section. There was about 3/4 of a unit running. In the skinny fast moving water, this  glass bead head pheasant tail midge pattern size 16 or 20 also worked well.. I dropped the midge off of the scud pattern or the leach with a split shot and indicator. 5x flouro leader/tippet. 

IMG_1825.JPGIMG_1826.JPG

11 hours ago, dpitt said:

Thanks, I fished Taney a couple days ago... size 14 or 16 gray scud and a pine squirrel leach dead drifted worked really well up in the trophy section. There was about 3/4 of a unit running. In the skinny fast moving water, this  glass bead head pheasant tail midge pattern size 16 or 20 also worked well.. I dropped the midge off of the scud pattern or the leach with a split shot and indicator. 5x flouro leader/tippet. 

IMG_1825.JPGIMG_1826.JPG

Boat or wading?

boating...If i where wading I would throw a size 16 scud with the midge dropper, still use split shot, just adjust the indicator a little more shallow.. when I'm drifting with around a unit running,  I'll fish indicator to split about 6-7 feet..  I keep this depth the entire run... I like the the split shot to be ticking along the bottom.. or floating the bugs close to the bottom.. when I'm moving across the shallow flats... the split ticking gives the bugs some natural action...you can see the indicator ticking,  Takes are obvious, the indicator just jets away... on deeper water the indicator  just dunks under water on an eat. 

I've gone to your site, created an account and logged in but all I get are headings (like Bennett Spring) with some empty boxes under the headings.  How do I get the content of the boxes to show up?

Thanks,

Dave