OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
45acp

MariOsa

1 hour ago, 45acp said:

With all of the high water we've pretty much been ignoring the lower Osage this summer.

Decided to give it a shot on Saturday.

Caught about a hundred stocker-size hybrids, and one good one.

2019-09-28%2008.49.09_zpsnewx88vf.jpg

Congrats on a very nice hybrid as well as putting up serious numbers of caught fish! Willing to let us know what you were fishing, topwater, cranks, jigs, etc.?

3 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

Congrats on a very nice hybrid as well as putting up serious numbers of caught fish! Willing to let us know what you were fishing, topwater, cranks, jigs, etc.?

Caught the big one on a Pop-R.  They hybrids were schooling shad below the old lock and dam.  If you've fished that place you know how hard it is to catch up to them without spooking them.  I got lucky and landed my lure in the middle of a frenzy.  Three fish smacked it before I got a hook up.  After that it was an hour before we saw them again, and then they were spooky to the point we weren't able to get back on them.  Get within 50 yards and they were gone.

My buddy was throwing a WoodChopper and had several strikes, but all of his hook ups were spots.  He probably caught and released a dozen of them.

The small hybrids were all caught between the wing dam and the two islands just upstream from there.  Road Runner, 1/4oz Bomber spinnerbait, pepper spoon, WoodChopper, they were hitting everything we threw.

We got lucky and caught the end of Friday's Bagnell release current.  The water level dropped ~5' on St. Thomas gauge from Saturday morning to Sunday morning.