Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bobby b.

Flat Creek and Snakes

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Mhyde said:

until you come across ones like this around TR then I wouldn't worry much....this one was killed in Georgia 2 weeks ago at my uncles hunting club property. 

rattlesnake .jpg

That one is big enough to make a fine meal.  In my entire life of hanginger around in the outdoors of Missouri I have yet to see a live rattlesnake.  Copperheads, and Cotton mouths yes but never yet a rattler.  And honestly I am sort of OK with that, I have enough stuff to worry about without sitting or stepping on one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MOPanfisher said:

That one is big enough to make a fine meal.  In my entire life of hanginger around in the outdoors of Missouri I have yet to see a live rattlesnake.  Copperheads, and Cotton mouths yes but never yet a rattler.  And honestly I am sort of OK with that, I have enough stuff to worry about without sitting or stepping on one.

The cool thing is they will rattle before you step on them. You’ll need some fresh underwear but you probably won’t get bit. Growing up in Oklahoma I have had a few encounters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

The cool thing is they will rattle before you step on them. You’ll need some fresh underwear but you probably won’t get bit. Growing up in Oklahoma I have had a few encounters. 

We use to duck hunt at Cheyenne Bottoms in western Kansas.  Some of the marshes were lined with rip rap.  Although it was pretty cold (not super cold because we were always there is the early part of the season),  sometimes when you walked down the rock bank into the marsh, you would hear all this rattling.  I got in the habit of carrying the dog down into the water.  If the midday sun came out and it got warm there would be hundreds of these rattle snakes on the gravel roads running thru the area.  You could not drive for running over some which was OK with me.  Between the long drive to get there and the snakes I just got sick of going there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you guys think that I'm even looking at any of those photos much less opening a friggin' video you're nuts!

Again, none of you seem to be showing a lick of respect for my sensitivity issues.

Now I'm going to have to go to my safe space and cuddle with my stuffed puppies and maybe get creative with my play dough........

Much too stressed to even think of crayons and coloring.

You're all a bunch of big meanies! 😡 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

Seriously?  From just reading the link, I think you should be convicted of domestic terrorism! 😖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vernon said:

Seriously?  From just reading the link, I think you should be convicted of domestic terrorism! 😖

It's a good time! There are lots of rattlesnake festivals all over the southwest each year. Where else can you eat fried rattlesnake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

It's a good time! There are lots of rattlesnake festivals all over the southwest each year. Where else can you eat fried rattlesnake?

Picture me with my eyes tightly closed, index fingers firmly in my ears sitting alone in the dark chanting, "puppies and bunny rabbits, puppies and bunny rabbits," over and over endlessly into the night and you'll have an image of the havoc you have reeked upon my very existence!

Infidels!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.