Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bobby b.

Flat Creek and Snakes

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, vernon said:

Picture me with my eyes tightly closed, index fingers firmly in my ears sitting alone in the dark chanting, "puppies and bunny rabbits, puppies and bunny rabbits," over and over endlessly into the night and you'll have an image of the havoc you have reeked upon my very existence!

Infidels!   

It's midterms, you can go the local college and they usually have relaxation rooms with puppies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

It's midterms, you can go the local college and they usually have relaxation rooms with puppies. 

Nope.

I ain't leavin' the house again till it gets too cold for Jake!

Them critters with no shoulders are probably outside my door just waitin' to pounce!

Hope y'all are happy.

You done turned me into Howard Hughes without the money!

Now, back to my Silly Putty.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big fat rattle snakes around here don't always rattle and you can walk right over them a time or two without them moving -sometimes. My brother saw one in a path he had just gone back and forth in three times and he waited for it to move on but it just remained watching him. He is sure that it was there all the time. I've been very close to at least two of the dang things for several minutes before noticing them - they are nearly invisible- and I have never heard one rattle. The little pygmies do buzz sometimes. Kinda like an insect.   Doubt I could distinguish it from my tinnitus now. 

Just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean they weren't there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These snakehead creatures have been captured in Georgia and have moved as for as to the waters of northeast Kansas.  They can travel in water or on land. - WOW, scary.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/us/georgia-invasive-snakehead-trnd/index.html

An adult northern snakehead fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Flysmallie said:

Vernon I’m really not trying to torment you but I had to share this. 

My buddy texted me this pic a few minutes ago. Little visitor when he was headed into his house. 

8716A414-4A87-4790-973F-ABAB0CEC201D.jpeg

 

 

Sorry, I can't make that out - what kind of snake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobby b. said:

Sorry, I can't make that out - what kind of snake?

Almost surely a black rat snake. Common around here, I see more of those than anything else.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:09 AM, tjm said:

The big fat rattle snakes around here don't always rattle and you can walk right over them a time or two without them moving -sometimes. My brother saw one in a path he had just gone back and forth in three times and he waited for it to move on but it just remained watching him. He is sure that it was there all the time. I've been very close to at least two of the dang things for several minutes before noticing them - they are nearly invisible- and I have never heard one rattle. The little pygmies do buzz sometimes. Kinda like an insect.   Doubt I could distinguish it from my tinnitus now. 

Just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean they weren't there.

I read somewhere that they are evolving to not rattle when threatened, since it gives away their location and they're usually killed. The silent ones get passed on and reproduce. Scary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.