OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Liprippa702

Dag blasted fish with the teeth

1 hour ago, Tim M said:

So far in Table Rock Ive not seen or caught a yellow perch.

S6300124.jpg

I have always considered yellow perch as a northern species. They are pretty common here in Maryland. I do believe that there are some in Bull Shoals. I'm sure that the lakes like Clear Lake or Okoboji north of @FishnDave have their share of yellow perch.

12 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

I have always considered yellow perch as a northern species. They are pretty common here in Maryland. I do believe that there are some in Bull Shoals. I'm sure that the lakes like Clear Lake or Okoboji north of @FishnDave have their share of yellow perch.

Good I.D. on the Logperch.  I knew it was a darter of some kind, but I don't know the specific darters very well.  They are very cool fish!

Yes, we have Yellow Perch in Iowa...they are in lakes all the way down to practically the Iowa-Missouri line.  Here's the purported range of Yellow Perch in the U.S.:

yellow-perch-range.png

1 hour ago, Johnsfolly said:

Thanks John 

What part of Maryland you live ? I lived in MD> back in the late 60s in a town called Bowie when I was a teenager. Still have a lot of friends out there I stay in touch with. Went out there last year and fished for Stripers in the Chesapeake Bay

IMG_0529.JPG

31 minutes ago, Tim M said:

Thanks John 

What part of Maryland you live ? I lived in MD> back in the late 60s in a town called Bowie when I was a teenager. Still have a lot of friends out there I stay in touch with. Went out there last year and fished for Stripers in the Chesapeake Bay

IMG_0529.JPG

Those are some nice rockfish (aka stripers). We live in Royal Oak MD which is between St Michaels and Easton on the eastern side of the bay.

19 hours ago, MOPanfisher said:

I have caught a couple small yellow perch up at Thousand Hills at Kirksville.  Tim those are some nice stripers.

Thanks MO they were fun to catch. We chased/ located small schools with the depth finder and then drifted and jigged them with white plastics.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:46 AM, MOPanfisher said:

Not to mention walleye were called Jack Salmon too.  

Also known as Gravel Lizards or Sand Carp. 😁