Official Jigfest 2019 Food Thread

Quillback

Never hurts to have a little hot sauce for chili.

So is the food thing pretty well figured out? Is there anything that still needs to be picked up for the weekend that got missed?

13 minutes ago, Seth said:

Never hurts to have a little hot sauce for chili.

So is the food thing pretty well figured out? Is there anything that still needs to be picked up for the weekend that got missed?

I'm bringing venison polish with cheese and Nathan's all beef hotdogs so we can make chili dogs.  Don't have any buns or fritos or shredded cheese or sour cream or onion to dice or any hot sauce.  I do have a jar of pickled jalapenos.

44 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I was ok not going this year....Until I saw that.  Man that looks good.

It's four pounds of bison ground with one pound of bacon.  And a pound of breakfast sausage.  Seasoned with 1/3 cup chili powder.  The chili proper has a load of other spices and stuff in it.  It's fully assembled now and melding on the egg.

Jigfest Chili stage 2.jpg

16 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

I'm bringing venison polish with cheese and Nathan's all beef hotdogs so we can make chili dogs.  Don't have any buns or fritos or shredded cheese or sour cream or onion to dice or any hot sauce.  I do have a jar of pickled jalapenos.

Yeah, who is bringing the buns?  I think someone volunteered but I can't remember who.  I am bringing Sriracha sauce.