OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Smallie Seeker

MDC stocks urban lunkers

Scott you probably killed that fish...You cant lip  or boga a big trout and hang it vertically w/o doing some damage. They are not bass. Hope you got a bloody thumb to teach you better 😁. I have 3-4 trout lakes within a couple miles of the house. Used to fish Jefferson allot when I audited the City Water Dept every November. I have seen fish in the 8-10lb range caught on Jefferson. Its a popular program. Folks have allot of fun with it why be jealous? Urban people pay the most 1/8 cent sales tax....so they should get something for it. Nothing is stopping anyone from driving to the city to fish an urban lake lunker if they want to.

32 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Urban people pay the most 1/8 cent sales tax....so they should get something for it. Nothing is stopping anyone from driving to the city to fish an urban lake if they want to

Oh bull$#!t, they get all kinds of cool bass and bluegill ponds, shooting ranges, sweet bike trails and hiking trails, places to jump on beautifully groomed horses and play cowboy, zoo's, hookers, street sweepers.....hell they got it all !

We get Dollar Generals on every corner, some Walmarts, and a few bleached out dink Rainbows with 1/2 a tail... that's it !    😅

8 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Oh bull$#!t, they get all kinds of cool bass and bluegill ponds, shooting ranges, sweet bike trails and hiking trails, places to jump on beautifully groomed horses and play cowboy, zoo's, hookers, street sweepers.....hell they got it all !

We get Dollar Generals on every corner, some Walmarts, and a few bleached out dink Rainbows with 1/2 a tail... that's it !    😅

....its not bad, let me tell ya.  Lmao 

25 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

This topic always gets Wrenchie riled up.  Love it!

28 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Quit whining already!   You can move to the city if you want.  😄

1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Quit whining already!   You can move to the city if you want.  😄

I really should, cuz truth is I'm not a very good county boy.   Scared of spiders, scared of horses, can't walk across gravel with bare feet, ect.  😕

7 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

I really should, cuz truth is I'm not a very good county boy.   Scared of spiders, scared of horses, can't walk across gravel with bare feet, ect.  😕

Wow!  I didn't know I was country.   But in all honesty I love the burbs.  Maybe just a bigger lot with a 4 car garage.

When MDC tells you in February that there is going to be a shortage of fish for the upcoming season, and that numbers stocked will be reduced. They must have already pulled out the tens of thousands of fish, and most of the lunkers, that they send to city ponds.