Rocky Branch 11/10

Bassmeister

Went out of Rocky Branch around 10:30-4. Got some lovely scratches on the ranger bc of a metal rod sticking off the dock. So that was a great start. Fished shallow bc that’s how I like to fish. Nothing and I mean nothing. Then I was throwing a crankbait to shore while I was in 50ft and had two spots follow it up. I actually did the figure 8s like musky fishing and one hit it and I got him in. That was a first. Anyway, I saw them out there so I threw a jerkbait for the rest of the day. They were suspended over 40-50 feet on points. Only caught 10-12 but salvaged the day. Really wondering if the fall “back of creek” bite was completely skipped by the fish. 

18 hours ago, sfiser said:

did you use the dock in the back of the creek arm or the dock more toward the main lake?  asking so I can be careful and not find the same metal rod you did.

Creek. I don’t like the one on main lake bc the wakes on busy days can crash your boat into the dock. The rod is in the front of the dock so if you launch away from it at bit and get to the wood you’ll be good