The flys that you are forever tying ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was watching Kelly G. do an old classic hares ear wet fly on YT and I kinda chuckled because at the beginning he said he hadn't tied one in over 20 years, and at the end of the video he says "I fish

After the 3 day C&R opening weekend, I got an express order from the Mrs. for some sized 16-18 scuds. Like Laker, most of the patterns were some shade of gray plus some brown/beige colored ones. N

They were keeping it a secret from me.Not sure where Laker came up with the material-thinking maybe an auction or rummage sale. The secret fly he's talking about that took all those browns has appeare

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, tjm said:

Sometimes if I'm doing well at RR a guy will ask what I'm using, which I show and get the comment "I never saw anything like that before" or "what's that called?" I just shrug and say "bait"

And y'all call ME a jackass ?  😂

They were keeping it a secret from me.Not sure where Laker came up with the material-thinking maybe an auction or rummage sale. The secret fly he's talking about that took all those browns has appeared in several fly fishing magazines over the years. And it has worked well on some big trout. 

6 hours ago, laker67 said:

There was a discussion once way back when on 'suggestive" patterns. With my skills at the vise, my scuds are suggestive at best. But I can tie several in a short period of time. Pick out the best looking ones and head to the creek.

I assumed Sandy got the best looking flies and you got the "2nds". 

Trout

G gnat

rubberlegs

soft hackle

egg

And there’s a little stonefly that I started tying a year or two ago that I really like. 

Bass

gurgler

murdich minnow

wiggle minnow

smallie pig

“Censorship reflects society’s lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.”

–Potter Stewart