Olliefest XIII

ollie

We might have a bigger flow of water than we need! We saw a steady amount of rain today in Neosho and I know they got some rain from that storm that pasted by Tuesday night. Hopefully it will be good!

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!

16 hours ago, ollie said:

We might have a bigger flow of water than we need! We saw a steady amount of rain today in Neosho and I know they got some rain from that storm that pasted by Tuesday night. Hopefully it will be good!

Yeah we have had almost an inch here in mt vernon... ill be chucking streamers if its super high lol or just for fun 

Mark another down for the books on this one. This year Buzz and trythisonemv tied for first. A whopping 2 fish each won this year. Fishing was really tough and that is an understatement at the least! Wind was howling through there and the temps weren't so great either. I played the part of Ricky Bobby in that, "you're either first or last" and you can guess which one was me. :( I didn't get of those slim rockets to hand. Although I'm pretty sure I caught the biggest fish of the day. Just never got a hand on it. Nice brown going at least 16", but not to be had. Thrashed at the last moment when Buzz went to net it and then it was gone. I didn't get to see the fish Buzz caught because I was up at the dam trying to fish it first thing in the morning. I saw the 2 bows that trythisonemv caught and he caught his right up against wood in the faster flow. Buzz said he caught his on the back end of the pools. The one I hooked up with was at the back end of a pool as well. I was throwing jigs all morning and Buzz was mainly throwing a small crank with a rainbow color and trythisonemv was using the fly rod I think mainly throwing streamers but I could be wrong on that one. I knew it was going to be tough so I knew what to expect and that is the nature of Capps. It doesn't always give up the fish!

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!

1 hour ago, ollie said:

Mark another down for the books on this one. This year Buzz and trythisonemv tied for first. A whopping 2 fish each won this year. Fishing was really tough and that is an understatement at the least! Wind was howling through there and the temps weren't so great either. I played the part of Ricky Bobby in that, "you're either first or last" and you can guess which one was me. :( I didn't get of those slim rockets to hand. Although I'm pretty sure I caught the biggest fish of the day. Just never got a hand on it. Nice brown going at least 16", but not to be had. Thrashed at the last moment when Buzz went to net it and then it was gone. I didn't get to see the fish Buzz caught because I was up at the dam trying to fish it first thing in the morning. I saw the 2 bows that trythisonemv caught and he caught his right up against wood in the faster flow. Buzz said he caught his on the back end of the pools. The one I hooked up with was at the back end of a pool as well. I was throwing jigs all morning and Buzz was mainly throwing a small crank with a rainbow color and trythisonemv was using the fly rod I think mainly throwing streamers but I could be wrong on that one. I knew it was going to be tough so I knew what to expect and that is the nature of Capps. It doesn't always give up the fish!

streamers got a lot of follows including a donkey of a Brown from an undisclosable location😉

Rainbows on streamers as well one on murdich minnow and one on bigger heavily weighted and right on bottom. Big streamers had the follow 

Water level was fine, it doesn't effect that creek much at all unless Monett gets it really hard. The wind was more of an issue however!