Gust Front

Bushbeater

Boy I'll say !   We just got a blast of wind that rattled the windows and flexed the deck pretty good.   Freaked me out there for a few seconds.   Wow!  😲

I think I'll let the good truck sleep in the shop tonight, and put a few bricks on the front of the Jon boat. 

1 minute ago, Quillback said:

Yep, some good winds last night, saw there was a tornado warning north of here in Barry county.  Had a bunch of leaves piled in front of the garage, they are now gone, so it wasn't all bad.

I raked mine in the woods a week ago.  They are still there this morning:D

Had a couple limbs about the size of my leg through the roof/kitchen ceiling this morning. Too dark to investigate when I left for work, and it's supposed to start raining about the time I get home... 😒 

I can't dance like I used to.

My wife was with me at the Hospital. She was told to stay with me. We are both to watch Radar and decide when to set Sirens off in the area.

Talked with people at the office on what they did? They said they was on the fence didn’t set the Sirens off but afterwards thought they should have.

That’s the thing with the Sirens we know people count on us and need spotters for say Tornadoes we had Media saying there was a Tornado once when there wasn’t. Was called wanting to know why we didn’t sound the Sirens then another time Tornado touched down for 50 yards. Get calls why didn’t you sound Sirens.

One time 4 AM Boss comes by me watching Radar asking what I thought? Told him I thought the system was done. I no sooner said that and 3 Tornadoes touched down 50 miles from us. Told him we better rethink this.

Oh well try to always be there. My wife has her phone on in Church. If she can’t be contacted and they know she is in Church they will send a LEO after her. Could you see that in Church? LOL 

oneshot

Well, I got home yesterday with a couple hours daylight left and found that a big, mostly dead pine had snapped off about 8 feet up, dropping the top 2/3 on my roof.Since it was partly dead, most of it busted up on impact, so I didn't have to round up a chain saw to pull the offending limbs out of the holes. Turned out there were 4 holes (that I found). Scrounged up a 2x3' chunk of galvanized sheet metal and some 12" aluminum flashing and slid the pieces under the uphill shingles. 3 tubes of caulk and a couple nails later I hauled my fat, ancient butt down the ladder with just enough light to see. Let it rain.

Which it did. The only evidence I can find of a leak is one really slow drip, right in the kitchen sink. Sometimes you eat the bear.

Oneshot, if you'd have been here to sound the siren, I don't think it would have mattered in my case, so rest easy. Hope y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I can't dance like I used to.