I’m Not Dead Yet

oneshot

10 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Actually they feared they were about to be swallowed by the sea, a perfectly rational fear considering where they allegedly stood at that particular moment, and Jesus accused them of having little faith because they showed concern for their life.   As if God had never drowned anyone before. 🙄

So, school me on who put the fight or flight instinct into every living thing?  And why?   "Do not dodge that falling tree or you will burn in hell for all eternity".    

This leads me to think that only mindless buffoons who are completely ignorant of basic survival skills are accepted into the kingdom of heaven.     Assuming that I lived long enough to breed, who is to care for my children after I dare the sea to drown me, or the lion to eat me?  Because the judge who sits below the words "in God we trust" says that I am responsible for their well being.

They were hardcore schooled in the Old Testament.  Sacrifices, floods, famines, loss of first born child, turned into pillars of salt, and having to abide by 10 easy commandments.

Jesus brought an alternative, a simpler form of redemption by only accepting him.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Hardcore teachings mean nothing. All the teachings may not be what they seem to be. Remember their were many worldly men who interpreted the bible thru the centuries. Christ teachings are best come thru meditation. When you do that he will explain it to you.That is living faith in action. Here is a example. It says in the Bible  " I Was in prison and you did not visit me" Whats that mean. Meditate on it and you will find out it has a whole lot  more to mean than visiting a convict.There is a whole range  

My only problem with tools to kids is the closest on e is 90 miles. I have toted my my 12 " Bosch chop saw to Hermann and St charles It comes back all the time  What you have is a real self centered young man there. Before you do die either self off everything are tell your wife to lock it all up somewhere because this fine  young fella is going to claim all of it before they got you embalmed. 

20 hours ago, cmoore03 said:

Sounds to me like you may have needed to spend a little more time with him in his formative years. Most actions are learned and if you can't count on him when in need then some of this falls back in your lap. You reap what you sow.

I raised one son and one daughter the same way in the same house.  He is a professional ne'er do well.  She is a great mother, wife to her husband and daughter to me.  You need to be less judgmental of others when you don't know squat about them.

21 hours ago, oneshot said:

I don’t know how to deal with this so ideas.

I like having nice stuff and take care of it. I’m very possessive and don’t even want my wife messing with it. I get sick with worry when someone else has my stuff.

My Son is I guess partners with another guy doing Handyman work plus my Son is selling Firewood.

Right now my Son has my Framing Nailer, Chainsaw, Wood Splitter and Pickup.

My Son is saying I’m not using it he might as well. I try telling him how to take care of stuff. I can see it in his eyes this is too much trouble.

I ordered a bunch of Ammo he is saying why did you order it? Hey I need some Range Time. Plus this to me is Temporary I’m going to be back out there.

I have a bunch of money owed to me. People are telling me not to worry about it I have plenty without it.

My Son today because I can’t legally drive said I might as well give my Pickup to him. Heck it isn’t even paid for.

Thanks up front. Too too much to deal with this right now.

oneshot 

illegeiimi non carborundum comes to mind

I’m sorry this post turned Religious.

Out of 6 children this one is the best. At times me and my wife have got tiered of waiting and went ahead and done it. One time this Son said he would help me get a Deer out but he got side tracked so me and my wife got it out. But again this Son has helped me get out much larger animals.

Right now this Son has my Pickup having some work done on it. I told him how I clean it, I basically detail it when I clean it. I know from the look on his face saying I’m lucky to get it just washed.

I liked Cut Off Saws but decided to just buy a Miter Saw. My Son asked why I bought it? I hope he understood I was kidding. I said I figured you needed one. I have used it once, pretty cool.

In time this will work out thanks.

oneshot

2 hours ago, Old plug said:

Before you do die either self off everything are tell your wife to lock it all up somewhere because this fine  young fella is going to claim all of it before they got you embalmed

The absolute last thing I would consider worrying about is what will become of my "stuff" after I die.   I won't be using it or even thinking about it anymore, so who cares?

For those who believe that after you die you'll be "looking down from above", I have a question.... People change throughout life, some start out hating broccoli but later develop a taste for it, some start out fond of big busted blondes but later become attracted to tatted up skinny biker chicks.  And then some become stricken with dementia long before they die and forget that they ever had people that they cared about. Their only loved one is a stuffed poodle with a blue ribbon tied to one ear.   So which version of you will be looking down from above ?  

What if when you get there your spouse who died before you has taken back up with their FIRST husband/wife?   Do you then SHARE?   

32 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

What if when you get there your spouse who died before you has taken back up with their FIRST husband/wife?   Do you then SHARE?   

I’ll walk up to him and say “She’s all yours!”😂😂

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

• Members
32 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

The absolute last thing I would consider worrying about is what will become of my "stuff" after I die.   I won't be using it or even thinking about it anymore, so who cares?

For those who believe that after you die you'll be "looking down from above", I have a question.... People change throughout life, some start out hating broccoli but later develop a taste for it, some start out fond of big busted blondes but later become attracted to tatted up skinny biker chicks.  And then some become stricken with dementia long before they die and forget that they ever had people that they cared about. Their only loved one is a stuffed poodle with a blue ribbon tied to one ear.   So which version of you will be looking down from above ?  

Wrench: There is no doubt in my mind that you must have been an umpire in a previous life, as your ability to "call them as you see them" had to come from previous training.

Just now, fishinwrench said:

Then hop on your heavenly Harley and Evil Knievel to the next cloud !   🤟😎👍

With a 6’10 Medium Heavy baitcaster rig in tow

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor