OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blazerman

Sinking Christmas Trees

11 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

My experience with that stuff is that it just sucks.    There's alot of elaborate pvc condos underwater around here.....the best ones usually hold a few dink crappie, and that's about it.  

Old sunken steel dock walkways and dock framing, or sunken boat hoists are really good though.  

I know where there's a steel patio table that consistently holds a few fish. 😉 

Never met a tire without a fish on it either. 😂 If I was gonna suspend something off the edges of a dock..... several old tires with rocks in them and a few holes drilled in them.  Killer!

My buddy hung pallets under his dock weighted down like a ladder.  Thing was absolutely packed with crappie and bass.  

Just about anything that is different or provides a little cover will hold fish.  Tires will work but man take about a job bolting them into a structure to hang.  Used to fish a dock that had about a 20 foot cedar hanging by a steel cable, pure gold.  Hang stuff from shallow to deep and there will always be fish there.  If I owned a dock everyone would be afraid to swim for all the "structure" in on and around it.

3 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

My buddy hung pallets under his dock weighted down like a ladder.  Thing was absolutely packed with crappie and bass.  

Heck yeah, I'm sure.   Can't begin to count the number of good fish I've caught off of swim ladders.

On 12/28/2019 at 3:01 PM, fishinwrench said:

Heck yeah, I'm sure.   Can't begin to count the number of good fish I've caught off of swim ladders.

This past summer we upgraded our swim ladder to a Wet Step and the old ladder was sunk at the back end of one of our boat slips. I also ended up hanging two of the christmas trees off the dock and i plan on setting the other 3 horizontally behind the dock.