Crappie 12/26

usa made outdoors

• Members

Me and my dad went out chasing crappie again today and it did not disappoint. Two man limit (30 keepers) easily caught 70 fish, and we each caught a 16" slab both released to be caught again.

Water temp was 48-50. All the fish we are finding are back in the creeks (Long, Kings, James) and have either been in the tree's or out on the flats relating to shad. Depth has been anywhere from 15-30' just depends on the day and conditions. Sunny days has them up in the water column more. With this recent stretch of warm weather we are finding more fish out away from the trees than we were a couple weeks ago. This last week casting at them has been a lot better presentation as opposed to vertical jigging. Screen time is a must but once you locate some toss a marker buoy back off and make your cast. We are strictly fishing jigs i.e. Bobby Garland, Mr. Crappie etc on 1/8oz heads. Retrieve is a slow wind while letting the jig fall to the desired depth.  You may see a tree/spot loaded and catch a few right off the bat then it shuts off, you can switch baits and colors and maybe pick up a couple more bites but you're better off moving to another spot and catching whatever active fish you can. Bouncing around is a must. Hopefully this helps some of the guys that have been asking about these mythical Table Rock crappie. - Kenny

IMG_20191226_151211504.jpg

IMG_20191226_135651614_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191226_185434533.jpg

IMG_20191226_185341655.jpg