Casting in the creek.

Took advantage of a warm winter's day, and thought I would see if some bluegill were active in the creek near my house.   I bought some new fly poppers, and wanted to dust off the fly rod.  I had no real idea what to expect.  The water was nice and clear, I decided to use the fly that was previously tied on, and did not open the pack of poppers.  I did find a couple holes, clearer water sure does help in that aspect.  I was not able to entice anything to accept my fly, it was sinking into the deep.  I tried a crankbait on a spinning rod.  I had no intention of it working, and it didn't.   My son did get to take out his kayak, and practice casting also.  I only walked about 500 yards.  I enjoyed the workout the flyrod gave me.  I really cant wait until spring.   I know of a few new to me places, and maybe, just maybe I can get my second fish on it.  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)