Cast iron

96 CHAMP

5 hours ago, ColdWaterFshr said:

My life has been pointless then.  Recipe please!

2 hours ago, Daryk Campbell Sr said:

2nd!

More of a process than a recipe. I oil up the cast iron really well then put it in the oven at 400 to preheat. I leave mine in there a while and let it really get heated up, not just when the light clicks off. I pull it out of the oven and crank up the temp. Immediately put the crust in the pan. When you hear it sizzle you know you've done it right. Add the toppings and pop it back in the oven till it's done. Delicious. 

Two more restored,

A Wagner #7 circa 1920 -1924 0302201641a_HDR.jpg0302201641b_HDR.jpg

no to make this food related. A Waterman 6 gem pan or gem iron. Nathaniel Waterman was the first to make gem pans. Patent in 1859. This could be that old give a few more years. There are several styles of Waterman gem pans. Some worth big bucks. Mine is pretty common. I have done a few gem pans and they can be a pain to clean. Too many nooks and cranny's. Even though this one was carboned up real thick it went smooth.

0302201641_HDR.jpg0302201641c_HDR.jpg     We will make this food related now. I gave it a workout and made gems this afternoon!

0303201616_HDR.jpg

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Nancy and I use the Grandma Pizza recipe from a Cook's Country magazine to make our pizzas. The fried bread crust is superb. It would work marvelously in s good skillet.

https://www.kcet.org/food/weekend-recipe-grandma-pizza

• 3 weeks later...

Another couple pieces restored,

Got this monster of a Dutch oven gifted to me last summer. Finally got around to putting in in the e-tank and stripped it clean. Began the seasoning process and this is how it came out. It is a pre 60's lodge size 12. I will find something to cook in it eventually. Guess I will wait until this virus ends so I can gather an army. 

thumbnail_0321201208a.jpgthumbnail_0323201405a.jpgthumbnail_0323201406.jpg

Now to the second find. I did not have a big block slant logo Griswold. I wanted one and finally got it. Size #8 . Was pretty carboned up heavy. Super slick bottom, nice and light in the hand. Circa 1906 - 1912 . 

thumbnail_0324201457.jpgthumbnail_0324201457c_HDR.jpg

Last thing. Found some skillet racks online. Pretty neat Use horizontal or vertical. Horizontal can use the top for a fifth skillet.

thumbnail_0324201201a.jpg

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

9 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Any ID on these? Bit of maintenance needed, wife used them camping a couple weeks ago.

72786152-A81D-4B3E-8C1D-70E066901A73.jpeg

0B4114AB-9C44-4AAF-AC1E-F831B947DB0D.jpeg

CCDC76A6-A5A6-4424-B3EC-0376B42B9651.jpeg

Lodge. Looks like more pre 60s. The basting drippers on inside of lid plus bold numbers equal lodge. Any marked made in USA or have USA stamp are after 60 .Good heavy users that will be here long after we are gone! Love it! 

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

Figured Lodge, maybe Got one from a scout leader who would have bought it new in that timeframe. Other from my deceased father in law. The huge skillet is a modern Steel pan. 21” from Cabelas 15 yrs ago. Needs to go to a scout  troop. Has a lid too. Pick up in STL just too darn big for my purposes. Thanks for the ID again.

thumbnail_0328201609.jpg          #7 Piqua earning it's keep. First of the season,

thumbnail_0328201608 - Copy.jpgthumbnail_0328201618_HDR - Copy.jpg

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead