OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dan the fisherman

Trust the birds

Got out this morning for a few hours and Fished mid lake area.  Water temp was 45-46.  The bite continues to be red hot..... I was heading south from them ramp when I cam across a pack of birds drive bombing the water. I killed the main engine plenty far enough as to not spook anything that might be feed under them and proceeded to get closer with my trolling motor. I got about 100-150 from where the birds were working when my graph lit up like a Christmas tree!  I drop lines down and was hooked up immediately with a nice 12-15 pound striper. I fished the area for about for another 3 hours before I headed home.  Ended up with 4 striper and half a dozen whites.  I threw back all the striper but kept the whites for fish tacos for later this week. Big fish went 22 pounds and just shy of 40 inches. Here’s a few piics. Stay aware out there for them birds. Good luck out there fellas, and stay safe. 

1D970FCD-8808-46D3-8439-39F56833738E.jpeg

1619A330-37F3-4E71-87C5-81A4A552E2C0.jpeg

0A163398-5DC9-456A-946F-54DA18F703E9.jpeg