COVID-19 - Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

N9BOW

8 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

until they reach for their billfold anyway.😊

Amen. I'm working 18 hour days. Not sure when I will head back north, I'm 45 miles North of KC now 

2 hours ago, tjm said:

Some Amish don't have even internet, so I expect local gossip and inter congregational letters are about the sum of their news. I don't think they pay too much attention to the English other than in business.

Many of their kids attend public school....and the school has been closed.   But just for kicks tonight my wife grabbed the letters (3 of them) that were sent home, and nothing in those letters alluded to the fact that it was a statewide/nationwide thing.   Honestly if we had no TV, computer, or smartphone we'd likely just assume that a flu bug was going around our local school, and that's all.   Nothing in the letters indicate otherwise.  

We just kinda found that interesting.  

Media...Are we better off with it, or without it? 🤔 Do we really need to know what's going on worldwide, or are we ok just being aware of what happens in our personal little town?

I remember when the dreaded "war on terror" was being force fed into my brain.  My personal attitude was that I wasn't being "terrorized" at all in MY circles, and honestly I wasn't very concerned about the people being terrorized elsewhere.  It's not like there was anything I could do to help them out or anything.   I'll deal with the dandelions in MY YARD, but the dandelions in YOUR YARD are not my problem.    

WITHOUT!  I live 7+ -months a year at my cabin in Michigan and I rarely miss the Media. I do have wi-fi,etc , so I am not out of touch. I find it troublesome that I check it first thing in the morning when I'm down here. Worry some might be a better word.  

Listened to the POTUS and the VP cackle for 40 minutes about what a good job they are doing with TESTING.

Far as I can tell the only thing gained by all this testing is that now we have NUMBERS to add to the topic.  The testing isn't doing anything to help anyone, it's just enhancing panic.   They still don't know where the positive test result cases came from, or where it's headed.     A local school bus driver tested positive and they drilled him for 2 days straight about where all he'd been for the last 2 weeks.....nothing useful or helpful was learned, nobody else in his house tested positive, not even his wife that he slept with every night, or his ride share buddy.....so WTF are we doing here?    A logical pattern is not detectable.

38 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Listened to the POTUS and the VP cackle for 40 minutes about what a good job they are doing with TESTING.

Far as I can tell the only thing gained by all this testing is that now we have NUMBERS to add to the topic.  The testing isn't doing anything to help anyone, it's just enhancing panic.   They still don't know where the positive test result cases came from, or where it's headed.     A local school bus driver tested positive and they drilled him for 2 days straight about where all he'd been for the last 2 weeks.....nothing useful or helpful was learned, nobody else in his house tested positive, not even his wife that he slept with every night, or his ride share buddy.....so WTF are we doing here?    A logical pattern is not detectable.

FOUL!  You used  a reference to politicians and logical in the same post. 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

The whole state of Montana

Thursday, March 26, 2020

From The Gov.

cleardot.gif
Today I today issued a Directive requiring Montanans to stay home and temporarily closes all nonessential businesses and operations to stop the spread of COVID-19.

The order goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. on March 28 and will buy us time for health care workers on the frontlines to limit long term impacts to the state’s economy.

In consultation with public health experts, health care providers, and emergency management professionals, I have determined that to protect public health and human safety, it is essential, to the maximum extent possible, individuals stay at home or at their place of residence.

There’s no doubt that COVID-19 is causing a lot of hardship. It’s also causing incredible hardships for our doctors, nurses and other hospital staff across the country. We need to give them a fighting chance to get ahead of this virus.

The Directive will be in effect through Friday, April 10 and requires all businesses and operations in Montana, except for essential businesses and operations as defined in the Directive, to stop all activities within the state.

Businesses with questions can contact a dedicated state line at 1-800-755-6672 and leave messages 24-hours a day and will receive a prompt response.

The Directive also prohibits all public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a household or place of residence.

Essential services and businesses will remain operational and open. Businesses deemed essential are required to comply with social distancing guidelines when possible including maintaining six feet of distance, having sanitizing products available, and designating hours of operation specifically for vulnerable populations.

Under the Directive, Montanans may leave their homes for essential activities, including:

• For health and safety. To engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety, or to the health and safety of their family or household members (including, but not limited to, pets), such as seeking emergency services, obtaining medical supplies or medication, or visiting a health care professional.

• For necessary supplies and services. To obtain necessary services or supplies for themselves and their family or household members, or to deliver those services or supplies to others, such as groceries and food, household consumer products, supplies they need to work from home, and products necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences.

• For outdoor activity. To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with social distancing, such as walking, hiking, running, or biking. Individuals may go to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas, including public lands in Montana provided they remain open to recreation. Montanans are discouraged from outdoor recreation activities that pose enhanced risks of injury or could otherwise stress the ability of local first responders to address the COVID-19 emergency (e.g., backcountry skiing in a manner inconsistent with avalanche recommendations or in closed terrain).

• For certain types of work. To perform work providing essential products and services at Essential Businesses or Operations or to otherwise carry out activities specifically permitted in this Directive, including Minimum Basic Operations.

• To take care of others. To care for a family member, friend, or pet in another household, and to transport family members, friends, or pets as allowed by this Directive.

You can read my full Directive HERE.
My Directive follows federal guidance to determine the businesses and operations deemed essential, which are summarized in the Directive and can also be found here: https://www.cisa.gov/publication/guidance-essential-critical-infrastructure-workforce.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19 please go to: https://covid19.mt.gov/
As Montanans, we have an obligation to slow the spread of this virus. Our fellow Montanans are counting on all of us to follow these stay at home measures and save lives.
Thank you again for your comments to my office and for sharing this information with others in your community. We must take COVID-19 seriously, and we must take the measures now to flatten the curve and give our front-line healthcare workers the ability to fight this disease.
Working together, we can save the lives of our fellow Montanans and our economy from long-term impacts.
Sincerely,
STEVE BULLOCK
Governor

Governor Bullock

8:53 PM

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

14 hours ago, BilletHead said:

Those $%$^@@#&  ^&*(!@#  Kansans are worse than the Amish. They are over here buying our stuff. WE should close that border! 

I guess she forgets what happened the last time you guys picked a fight with us  😄

John

6 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Many of their kids attend public school.

Amish attend public schools? All that I have ever seen or heard of them they had their own schools and only to eighth grade. Walk to school in a one room. Some Mennonite kids go to public schools, a couple were in high school with me in the '60s.