Weekend

JMCat

• Members

I have to fish this weekend and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions with the big weather changes this week.   I am sure it will be a tough bite with them pulling water.     I usually like the Baxter, James to KC area.  Thinking to head to the KC area this weekend.    

Didn't see any shad dying last Sunday.  Water is probably still too warm.  The entire KC to Baxter area has a lot of slimy moss.  People are saying it's only out to about 8ft, but it definitely kept me from doing anything under 12 feet or so.  Threw an A-rig the rest of this time and caught a couple.  Nothing exciting at all.  Was really hoping to find a few on a crankbait, jig,  and a jerkbait, but that slime was super annoying.

Was out last Sunday and I had 7 keepers . Two where 5 pounds . My best 5 would have been 18 to 21 pounds. All on a jerkbait!  Pro blue jerkbait with wire around the front hook to get a slow fall. I had to count to 10 to 15 before they would eat it. Out 8 hours for 7 fish water temp 47.

7:30 AM  Friday, February 7th. and the lake in front of the lodge is totally full of boats.  Air temp is 25 degree and I have no idea what the surface temps are but boats are running up Long Creek and into Clevenger.  I have probably seen a dozen coming from North to South so none of the same ones.  No wind and partly cloudy.  

If you are one of the fishermen out this morning please be careful in these cold temps. and please give us a report.  Must be some kind of a derby weekend with this many guys out chunking and winding.  Have not seen a boat pull into Big Cedar so these are not guide trips.

Good Luck

8 hours ago, Bill Babler said:

7:30 AM  Friday, February 7th. and the lake in front of the lodge is totally full of boats.  Air temp is 25 degree and I have no idea what the surface temps are but boats are running up Long Creek and into Clevenger.  I have probably seen a dozen coming from North to South so none of the same ones.  No wind and partly cloudy.  

If you are one of the fishermen out this morning please be careful in these cold temps. and please give us a report.  Must be some kind of a derby weekend with this many guys out chunking and winding.  Have not seen a boat pull into Big Cedar so these are not guide trips.

Good Luck

There is a tournament on Sunday, small club tournament.

21 hours ago, eyedabassman said:

There is a tournament on Sunday, small club tournament.

Mill Creek has the ABA division #64 tomorrow and there is a B.A.S.S. club out of cow Creek tomorrow also.