OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
MNtransplant

Back at the vise

Whipped up a few more creations last night I was sorda all over the board..finished some more of the 1/8oz. tri-color vmc heads that produced trout on my last trip, tied some 1/4oz. heads in a mickey fin pattern and a pink over white, and then did some 1/16oz. In chartreuse and white that can double duty for Taney and the white bass runs in a month or so.

What are some other good jig patterns on taney? Im getting pretty comfortable with bucktail and marabou.

Spring cant come fast enough!

20200218_062522.jpg

These are the colors I carry these days. Sculpin/ginger is what I find myself using the most followed by white.

White
Black/olive
Black/Yellow
Green head/sculpin/ginger
Orange head/sculpin/peach
green or brown head/sculpin/burnt orange

If you ever start getting in to the micro jig and float deal, I like tying gold head olive, orange head brown, gold head ginger and chrome head pink in 1/80-1/100oz.

I fly fish Taney a bunch. With heavy flow,  dead drifting a megaworm (mop chenille)  on a jig hook can produce well in various colors, white, pink, salmon.  Here's a link to some Taney patterns. 

https://flytyerworld.com/#/FlyboxTiles/5cbe1f011856f6e6000f6835