OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

17 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

Yeah only with smallmouth you need to pull out the gig first😌.

Well that's just silly, gigged smallies don't go on a stringer.  Now ones you get with a spear gun that's different.

Overall large fish probably shouldn't be held horizontally by the lower jaw, smaller fish unless you are really putting some torque on them probably are fine.  I generally lip them and remove the hook and toss back.  For things I don't want to stick my fingers in like walleye they get a rapala grip or by the gills since if they are big enough they don't go back.  Almost never do I put a hand under their belly for a photo, partly because I just don't think about it, and mostly because I seldom catch a fish worthy of such a pic.

4 hours ago, laker67 said:

I had to apologize to this one Pete.

I had to apologize to a nice rainbow last summer when he flopped and put a treble hook under my fingernail.  I had to hold him down to get detached from it.  I let it go but I handled it more roughly than usual.  

31 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I had to apologize to a nice rainbow last summer when he flopped and put a treble hook under my fingernail.  I had to hold him down to get detached from it.  I let it go but I handled it more roughly than usual.  

OUCH the fish should have apologized to you

6 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

And you can rub the protective slime off with your gloves....😁

Guess where my pinky was !   

That's how you get them to open their mouth and behave!  It's important to have a good manicure.

Teresa VanWinkle taught me that move.  

9 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Guess where my pinky was !   

That's how you get them to open their mouth and behave!  It's important to have a good manicure.

Teresa VanWinkle taught me that move.  

I don’t know who Teresa VanWinkle is but I’ll let Jennifer Garner go fishing with me!

EA23F346-5CF2-4E7B-A1F5-44A4EAC97654.jpeg