Waders

Cwallis

I guess Simms wins top honors but I never could find a pair that fit.  I have 20 year old hodgemans that just this year developed a little leak.  Before those I had some Patagonia that lasted 15 years probably.  Both pairs were well used and even used them duck hunting.  

1 hour ago, fshndoug said:

They said the cheaper model was comparable to the more expensive ones I had problems with.I said who are you kidding.

I've actually found that to be a true statement in many cases.  Same material, same stitching, same suspenders.   That extra 200.00 might get you a pocket and a fancier wading belt.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought simms freestone over 5 years ago. got good use out of them ,they have a slow leak so I use the for white bass fishing when Im walking vine infested banks. Got some Patagonias at Plateau very nice so far. wish duck hunting waders would last more athan a season

The answer may not lie at the bottom of a glass, but you should always check

Just to jump on the bandwagon..Ive had trouble with my last 2 Orvis. The 300.00 pair leaked bad after about 6 months. I had to send them back and for 40.00 they fixed them and have held up for a couple of years. I bought a cheaper pair to use and they leaked right out of the box! Encounters I think. I always carry a spare. Haven't bought any in a couple of years now.

I have a pair of Redington Sonic Pro waders I have been using for 5 years. I punctured and ripped them soon after I bought them. I sent them back and they replaced them for $35 and haven't had any trouble since then. I have been very happy with them. You can often find them on sale if you check around.

Bill