February MD pond and Lake fishing - Not skunked!

Johnsfolly

I got out early in Jan, then was laid up with a bad cold which took over the rest of Jan and early Feb. The weather had been warm here in MD. So I took my daughter out to a local pond to see if the sunny days warmed up the shallow water and got some fish active. Livie lost two, a small LMB and a decent bluegill. I caught a dozen bluegill with the largest being about 8 to 9 inches. Not bad. Fast forward to this Sat with my daughter and My Betterhalf fishing the same pond. The water was clear enough for us to watch the bluegill inspect, nudge, and ignore our baits. We were using nightcrawlers and got no love. We moved to the big lake and my girls got cold and headed for the vehicle. I fished a few points and got nothing. As I headed back to the car, I stopped at a spot that had a laydown tree. I cast a gold in-line Blue Fox spinner and as it passed between an old stand of vegetation and that laydown, it got pounded by a chain pickerel. I was hoping for a pickerel and this 18 to 20 inch fish fit that bill to get me on the board.

20200222_140546.jpg

This was the last fish that I caught on Sat. So I get out Sunday again looking for the yellow perch run. Lots of guys out first thing in the morning to catch the high tide. spent three hours and I did not see even one fish caught. Headed upstream to the spillway where they stock rainbows. I caught two 7 to 8 inch stockers. I let them go and headed home. Again at least I wasn't skunked :rolleyes:!

20200223_104143_Burst01.jpg