Lowe Stinger 170 jet?

Saw this boat for sale and it looks to be pretty similar to my Tracker hull-wise in shape, size, and layout, but it has a jet on it.  How would something like this boat handle Ozark rivers?  I've always heard these kind of semi-V bass type boats don't do well in super shallow since they aren't flat on the bottom along the transom, unless this Lowe is different than the Tracker underneath.

image.png

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

3 hours ago, siusaluki said:

My lowe 170 is riveted and not welded. It is a 1988 though, so the 2011 could be welded.

They are fully welded

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

We run a 60/40 on a 08 Tracker Panfish 17.  Less weight than that boat with all of the added decks and seats.  Ours will do around 20-25 mph and works well enough to fish river or lake with.  But, its a bear if you ever run too shallow.  Have to muscle it off.  I am guessing that boat weighs much more.

Worried about the stainless prop, don't know where that fits on a jet.  Maybe he meant impeller when he typed the ad.

Semi V cuts wake better and takes a turn without sliding out.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

3 hours ago, jdmidwest said:

We run a 60/40 on a 08 Tracker Panfish 17.  Less weight than that boat with all of the added decks and seats.  Ours will do around 20-25 mph and works well enough to fish river or lake with.  But, its a bear if you ever run too shallow.  Have to muscle it off.  I am guessing that boat weighs much more.

Worried about the stainless prop, don't know where that fits on a jet.  Maybe he meant impeller when he typed the ad.

Semi V cuts wake better and takes a turn without sliding out.

That's what I'm thinking.  Loaded down in my 175 Pro team Tracker with a 60hp prop it'll do 35-36 on flat water.  With 40 less usable hp I'm not sure it would do well at all.

-- Jim

1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Does anyone think it will run shallow enough for Ozark streams?   Seems like it wouldn’t. 

Not ideal for sure.  I had a 2000 180 with a 115 prop, really liked it for a bass/crappie boat on the upper ends of the lake.  The hull and gunnel skin is pretty thin, I always kept mine off the rocks.  

I've had a bunch of 180W's in here to work on.  I think all have had broken welds at various points.   I'm not a fan of welded Jon boats unless the hull gauge is really thick material.  Aluminum needs to be able to flex, and if you try to make it where it can't then it is gonna break somewhere.  I've seen welds break on boats that have never even been on the water yet.   A bumpy ride on the trailer can do it.