Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Mitch f

Boeing Woes

Recommended Posts

Stock down to 262 yikes. The new CEO dogging the old one. When it comes right down to it, the 737 Max -8 was an attempt to compete with the Airbus and failed. IMHO, software overrides should  never trump good mechanical design. This has been a huge blow to their reputation! Sad for all those lifers with Boeing stock. They were riding high until last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mitch f said:

Stock down to 262 yikes. The new CEO dogging the old one. When it comes right down to it, the 737 Max -8 was an attempt to compete with the Airbus and failed. IMHO, software overrides should  never trump good mechanical design. This has been a huge blow to their reputation! Sad for all those lifers with Boeing stock. Their were riding high until last year.

Yep. The Max was an ignorant idea and they knew it. But it was the most profitable way to make a lot of money. It bit them hard and it should be then end of Boeing. That’s what they deserve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t go that far but they definitely learned a lesson. If Boeing goes down it hurts all of us. It’s the one big American made product that’s dominant in the world. Boeing And their tier 1 suppliers are huge employers for this country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think it’s just the Max. The market in general plus travel plus Max. Couple airlines I looked at are down 50%.

We’ve bailed out car companies before and they weren’t intertwined in our national defense like BA is. Not saying it will come to that, but it’s possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have lots of  other businesses...Looks like revenue is down 20% as of 3Q, and cash flow was a negative 226M. That is  not a hopeless situation for a company that makes $20B in revenue per quarter.

 

 

...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mitch f said:

I wouldn’t go that far but they definitely learned a lesson. If Boeing goes down it hurts all of us. It’s the one big American made product that’s dominant in the world. Boeing And their tier 1 suppliers are huge employers for this country. 

Okay but a least put the people that made that ignorant decision in jail for murder. Because that’s what they did. I have zero love for these huge corporations that are continually allowed to keep shitting on people because they have too much money for people to do the right thing. 
 

A Tesla crashes and kills a person and everyone wants Elon hung up by his balls. 
 

Boeing kills a whole bunch of people because they were cheap bastards that were having a hard time keeping up with their competitor but it’s all good. That’s BS. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many fails. I worked avionics in the USMC. Pilot knowledge and training is everything, and the pilot s/b able to disable ANY auto control feature at the flip of a switch. If a high AoA rise would lead to a stall buyers & pilots needed to know that flight parameter. The arrogant bastards hid that fact and killed people. Some jail time is in order,  or give them to the employees and investors that lost their posterior for the tar and feathering.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Flysmallie said:

Boeing kills a whole bunch of people because they were cheap bastards that were having a hard time keeping up with their competitor but it’s all good. That’s BS. 

 

Who’s saying it’s all good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.