Speaking of Jets...need help/opinions on small boat

@gotmuddy

Cody,

Lets see if this link works.

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

12 hours ago, MrGiggles said:

You're gonna need a bigger trailer, or at least some longer bunks. The bunks should always extend a couple inches past the transom on a tin boat, if not, the transom skin will eventually crack along the bottom, and it can pound a pretty wicked hook in the hull.

Working on that.  Did not pose an issue with the 4 hp and 5 mile drive to the lake he had.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

13 hours ago, Gavin said:

Most badge a 40 as a 25 down that way. Decals are cheap.

You know, I launched in front of a new MDC Agent at Whitten last year amongst the crowd camped making meth on the side.  I was licensed MO in motor vehicle and had a non licensed trailer with a TN registration on the boat.  Had a TN resident in command seat of the boat.  MDC agent made small talk and shot up river.  Came back by and waved an hour later.  Did not even check for legality.   Most run the Tohatsu that is rated at 25 at the jet, or more.

But, if I was running a 40/28, I would be checked.

The old agent nailed me one time on a weekend.  We were in a square back canoe with a little 5 hp on it and wishing we had never launched on a weekend.  Fighting drunks and Jet Boats all day, we were beached below a swift run eating lunch holding on to the side of the canoe.  Agent came up thru the crowd and wanted to see our license.  I had forgot to sign the trout stamp and drew a warning.  All of the other crap going on around us.  Then he proceeded to power up and almost flipped the canoe over in the water from the wake.  Almost knocked my S&W 686 off the seat into the water.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

13 minutes ago, jdmidwest said:

You know, I launched in front of a new MDC Agent at Whitten last year amongst the crowd camped making meth on the side.  I was licensed MO in motor vehicle and had a non licensed trailer with a TN registration on the boat.  Had a TN resident in command seat of the boat.  MDC agent made small talk and shot up river.  Came back by and waved an hour later.  Did not even check for legality.   Most run the Tohatsu that is rated at 25 at the jet, or more.

But, if I was running a 40/28, I would be checked.

The old agent nailed me one time on a weekend.  We were in a square back canoe with a little 5 hp on it and wishing we had never launched on a weekend.  Fighting drunks and Jet Boats all day, we were beached below a swift run eating lunch holding on to the side of the canoe.  Agent came up thru the crowd and wanted to see our license.  I had forgot to sign the trout stamp and drew a warning.  All of the other crap going on around us.  Then he proceeded to power up and almost flipped the canoe over in the water from the wake.  Almost knocked my S&W 686 off the seat into the water.

L frame!    I like to shoot jacketed hollow points at night out of it!!!

56 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

L frame!    I like to shoot jacketed hollow points at night out of it!!!

I think I had snake loads in it that day.  Not as much flash out of the 6" barrel.

It was the first registered new pistol I purchased when I turned 21, spent a whole $299 on it.  Alot of money back then.

Hunter S. Thompson

Lots of SMALL PENIS enforcement on the 11pt. The County PD spends more time in their jet boat than than they do busting the same meth heads again, and again. They prey on tourists in rental boats. Never have asked our party to pull over..Older, not 20-30 ish.

On 3/13/2020 at 5:54 PM, Terrierman said:

You've lost a lot of weight.  There's not enough weight left to lose to ever want a 14' boat over a 16' though.  Coming from a guy who's had both.  16' flat bottom is the 4WD 1/2 ton extended cab small V8 pickup of things that float.

Once I find the hull I want I will see if the extra weight is worth the extra length.  I normally fish by myself, or most one other person

everything in this post is purely opinion and is said to annoy you.

On 3/13/2020 at 10:50 PM, Gavin said:

Lots of SMALL PENIS enforcement on the 11pt. The County PD spends more time in their jet boat than than they do busting the same meth heads again, and again. They prey on tourists in rental boats. Never have asked our party to pull over..Older, not 20-30 ish.

Been that way since the days you could still see the long wood boats. 

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974