Another slow crappie day 3/9

Phil Lilley

• Root Admin

Put in at Bridgeport about 9 am this morning.  Hit all the brush piles I hit last week plus a few new ones.  Saw fish... but they didn't want to play.  Caught 4 keeps and 8 shorts.  Pulled out at 3 pm. 

Did eat at Flat Creek... what a treat!!  Did fish back in Flat some.  Fished along the channel bank and the brush piles we found.  Saw fish and caught one keep there and several real small ones.

Water temp 49-50 but not as muddy as the other day.  Also fished I think back in Honey Bear (??)  Honey something.  Can't remember.  The water was murky/stained on top.  Water was mixing or something?  I didn't stay there very long.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Need to go to LOZ. Had two big limits in an hour Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. Biggest were all 1.0-1.3-lbs. Had a couple 14-inchers we let go.

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

14 hours ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

Need to go to LOZ. Had two big limits in an hour Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. Biggest were all 1.0-1.3-lbs. Had a couple 14-inchers we let go.

So spill the beans on where and how.  

24 minutes ago, 3DHUSKER said:

So spill the beans on where and how.  

Want me to catch em for you, too? 8-10 fow, body with chartreuse in it with a 1/16-ounce head. 

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

37 minutes ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

Want me to catch em for you, too? 8-10 fow, body with chartreuse in it with a 1/16-ounce head. 

If your willing i can tell you where to drop them off.  :)  Its funny that you say that when you were looking for a report and details a few days back. 

1 hour ago, 3DHUSKER said:

If your willing i can tell you where to drop them off.  :)  Its funny that you say that when you were looking for a report and details a few days back. 

Sure was--a report and details as in depth, type of banks, any nuances to pay attention to, etc. Not the exact location as it seemed you were looking for. If I misinterpreted that, my bad. I write plenty of very detailed fishing reports on here and give any advice I can. 

32 minutes ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

Sure was--a report and details as in depth, type of banks, any nuances to pay attention to, etc. Not the exact location as it seemed you were looking for. I write plenty of very detailed fishing reports on here and give any advice I can. 

LOL... Your funny.   I am sure everyone else sees a GPS request also.  :)  No problem. It's all good.

• Root Admin

On Table Rock, and Bull Shoals, get the MO Fishing App and find all the brush piles MDC planted.  I've found others - they're easy to find with a good fish finder.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Ah heck in a few weeks you won't be able to put a jig in the water at LOZ, Truman or Pomme withut a crappie molesting it.  I have a friend coming down first week of May, every time he come down regardless of when he bring in a cold front, North win8f, or 30 plus mph wind. Every single time.  But we go fishing and always manage to find a few.  Good times they are coming.  Fish till lunch, wander around the banks and pick up few morels and go back to fishing.  Don't kow what all the high water last year will do to the morel crop.  If not yu are one of them wild thunder chicken hunters it is even better.