Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, ollie said:

We got some quality time on the Norfolk Friday morning for a change. Saw they had shut it off and went for it! Waded up from Ackerman and caught my first soon after. I ended up going up to the last island and absolutely slayed them! Every cast was a missed bite or a fish on. That went on for a couple of hours and then the water started to come back up. Had to get back downstream in a hurry. Within 15 minutes it had come up at least 6 inches if not more. We never really had another good day after that. Fished the fast water from shore and caught 3 on Saturday while they were running water. Old boy at the desk where we were staying got his facts mixed up as well and told us they would be shutting down the water at 6 am Sunday morning so we didn't give it another thought until we got back from Mt. Home. Got back around 7 that evening and found out they had shut the water off at 6 pm that day instead of the next morning. Frustrating because had we known that we would have never gone into Mt. Home Saturday to get things. Oh well, got me away from the house at least.

You didn't miss much if they shut it down at 6PM.  Takes a couple hours to run out.  Especially at Ackerman.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 8:35 AM, 45acp said:

Spending the weekend with friends at their house on LOz.  Thought I might take the boat, but the weather isn't looking great for that, so I guess I'll just sit on the dock, drink beer, and soak bait all weekend.  

Well none of that came to pass.

Daughter found out on Friday that she had been in class at William Woods the week before with several kids who did the spring break orgy thing in Clearwater and then came back to skrewl infested with COVID19.

So instead of having fun we did some spring cleaning at home, and I went to the office to retrieve some computer gear so I could get my grouch cave set up for WFH for the next however long it might be.

On the bright side, wife and daughter were tested at MU Health Care in CoMO yesterday, and both were notified of negative results today.

Wife is back in the office tomorrow - she's a RN at Truman VA.  I'm WFH until UM System re-opens the campuses, or until the situation becomes so dire the health system needs IT guys to come in and do laundry, cook for the patients, or wash bedpans.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 45acp said:

Well none of that came to pass.

Daughter found out on Friday that she had been in class at William Woods the week before with several kids who did the spring break orgy thing in Clearwater and then came back to skrewl infested with COVID19.

So instead of having fun we did some spring cleaning at home, and I went to the office to retrieve some computer gear so I could get my grouch cave set up for WFH for the next however long it might be.

On the bright side, wife and daughter were tested at MU Health Care in CoMO yesterday, and both were notified of negative results today.

Wife is back in the office tomorrow - she's a RN at Truman VA.  I'm WFH until UM System re-opens the campuses, or until the situation becomes so dire the health system needs IT guys to come in and do laundry, cook for the patients, or wash bedpans.

 

Glad the tests came back clear!
Grouch Cave = Bear Den... Same in my house! (don't poke the Bear) Prayers for your Wife in the midst of being a Caregiver!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, N9BOW said:

Glad the tests came back clear!
Grouch Cave = Bear Den... Same in my house! (don't poke the Bear) Prayers for your Wife in the midst of being a Caregiver!

Thank you.  This thing is nowhere close to being over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 45acp said:

Well none of that came to pass.

Daughter found out on Friday that she had been in class at William Woods the week before with several kids who did the spring break orgy thing in Clearwater and then came back to skrewl infested with COVID19.

So instead of having fun we did some spring cleaning at home, and I went to the office to retrieve some computer gear so I could get my grouch cave set up for WFH for the next however long it might be.

On the bright side, wife and daughter were tested at MU Health Care in CoMO yesterday, and both were notified of negative results today.

Wife is back in the office tomorrow - she's a RN at Truman VA.  I'm WFH until UM System re-opens the campuses, or until the situation becomes so dire the health system needs IT guys to come in and do laundry, cook for the patients, or wash bedpans.

 

Sounds early for testing to me, unless they have symptoms.  Not trying to be a jerk.  Just using my education and what I've read about incubation period.  Best of luck to all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terrierman said:

Sounds early for testing to me, unless they have symptoms.  Not trying to be a jerk.  Just using my education and what I've read about incubation period.  Best of luck to all.

You're not wrong.  Truman VA needs all hands on deck right now.  With a known exposure wife couldn't go back to work without a negative test.

They need her back so it is what is, right or not.  We're in uncharted waters with this thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 9:25 AM, top_dollar said:

I'm off work Friday and Monday, had a 2 night float planned, but it got flooded out.  I'm gonna hit a few feeder creeks on the lower Meremac, and then head up to Busch and get some crappies.  Ive been unsuccessfully fishing Carondalet park the last few weeks.  I have no idea how to catch a fish out of the boathouse lake, and I'm pretty sure everything in horseshoe lake died out over the summer.  I'm getting some practice i guess.

Fishing sucked everywhere for me this weekend.  Very humbling, almost to the point of embarrassing lol.  

Fished the LM @ valley park, and at simpson...nothing but muddy boots and a few lost crankbaits. 

Fished @ busch and absolutely got skunked @ 38, 33, and 27.  Quit and went home.

Finally found a bit of success at one of the smaller lakes in terre du lac with 8 small bass, 1 crappie and 1 bluegill, bummer though i was crappie fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got out yesterday and had a 5 acre county park lake to myself. Fishing was slow, water was murky from the rain but did catch four bass on a suspending jerk bait and a couple gills on jigs. About 11 am a guy with a dog shows up walks up and informs me that he talked to a cop and there is no fishing allowed, only dog walking. I told him he's breaking the rules of social distancing and he's full of s**t since the golf course down the street is open and allowing foursomes. Four people can golf in a group but I'm not allowed to fish by myself. He walked back to his car and left. Didn't see another person the whole time I was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.