OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
garyw

intervention needed

Youngsters,

I'm from the Virgil ward and Harold Ensley days. Ran into Harold one day below Truman dam. He was catching crappie for fielting at walmart while promoting his fillet knife and of course he had his strong heart dog food too. Well while fishing he had one Heck of a birds nest in his fishing line. He said sonny would you help me I can't see so well anymore. I got it unsnarled and he thanked me and shook my hand. I will remember that forever.

3 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Youngsters,

I'm from the Virgil ward and Harold Ensley days. Ran into Harold one day below Truman dam. He was catching crappie for fielting at walmart while promoting his fillet knife and of course he had his strong heart dog food too. Well while fishing he had one Heck of a birds nest in his fishing line. He said sonny would you help me I can't see so well anymore. I got it unsnarled and he thanked me and shook my hand. I will remember that forever.

That's awesome!

Went to Arkansas State University to play baseball in the early 70's. Got to watching tv what Saturday and "The Fishin Hole" with Jerry McKinnis came on. He started off by saying he was going to fish back around his old stomping grounds in Southeast Missouri. The next thing you know he's on the Castor River. Was a good show and really gave me that intervention this thread is about. Father in law at the time had a lot on the Castor East of Cherokee Pass that we often fished and swam in. 

1 hour ago, Johnsfolly said:

I did really like using the Banjo minnows. Great action, but would get shredded after only a couple of fish.

Forerunner of the fluke.  I used them like crazy until flukes came out.  Orlando Wilson I think was the spokesman for flukes when they first came out..

1 hour ago, BilletHead said:

Youngsters,

You beat me to it. Loved Harold Ensley the Sportsman’s Friend. Fishing and hunting in 8mm (?) film with no sound. Great commentary. The only game in town for a while.

An institution around here. Used to drive a red Ford station wagon that was the 70s equivalent of ‘wrapped’. 
image.jpeg

2 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Forerunner of the fluke.  I used them like crazy until flukes came out.  Orlando Wilson I think was the spokesman for flukes when they first came out..

I went from Sluggo to banjo minnow to flukes. BM still had the greatest action. Still have some Sluggos around. Maybe even a BM in a less than effective color. Have to clean out the old tackle. If I was actually stay at home, I might get through all of that gear. But still working every day at the office.