OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bferg

Big M Social Distancing

Someone told the fish about the quarantine.   Got my butt kicked this AM.  On the water at 7:00 and off at 12:30.  2 fish caught.  Water was 51 degrees, high, and stained about like tea.  Water got dirtier down lake from Big M.  Ran up the river a bit to Panther Creek.  Tried crank bait, jig, jerker, and swim bait with no luck- in the back of creeks and on the main lake points.  Just couldn’t buy much of a bite.  Both fish I did catch were on a spinner bait in front of brush in 10-12 feet of water.  But that smallie was worth getting out of bed for!  Other than that I was pretty lost out there today.  

EB808982-D510-439B-A5F9-9091C7E35E81.jpeg

CBE65726-965D-4F34-9276-7715AC794C0F.jpeg

11 hours ago, jay bird said:

Went out yesterday afternoon for 2 hours no bites rock crawler and spinner bait. Fished towards shell knob.

I had the same story in mid James. Even with the same lures!

12 hours ago, jay bird said:

Went out yesterday afternoon for 2 hours no bites rock crawler and spinner bait. Fished towards shell knob.

I threw the Rock Crawler for a while yesterday- nothing.  I am dying for a crank bite.