Tennis Shoes 

oneshot 1

2 hours ago, Terrierman said:

I'm not all that big on skunks.  Might be just me I guess.

Not crazy about them either, but have yet to be sprayed.  Dogs are another story.   If I went for a stroll in the woods right now, I wouldn't expect to see a skunk, ticks however...

14 minutes ago, oneshot 1 said:

Ok I have skinned hundreds of Skunks and actually don't find them that bad, But stepping on a Copperhead barefoot isn't fun.

Was up under a Pickup one time found my face about a foot from a Rattler in the Wheel Well.

oneshot

Hundreds?  How did you get hold of that many dead skunks (visioning you road hunting for runned over skunks in February).  You have an unusually strong constitution.

49 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

Hundreds?  How did you get hold of that many dead skunks (visioning you road hunting for runned over skunks in February).  You have an unusually strong constitution.

Back when Skunks were bringing $3.50 apiece I was trapping a bunch of them and Grinners. Heck Jumbo Coons were bringing $50.

oneshot

57 minutes ago, oneshot 1 said:

Back when Skunks were bringing $3.50 apiece I was trapping a bunch of them and Grinners. Heck Jumbo Coons were bringing $50.

oneshot

That was a long time ago.  Just how old are you anyways?

That would have been about 1983-85 more less based on the 'coon price. Fur market went bust in '87 and has never really recovered. Stink juice out of the skunk is worth more than the fur most years. I know where you can buy 800 'coon skins for $1 each right now.