Ok, garmin is the best, but I can't even daydream about affording those..

mixermarkb

But my Lowrance HDS-7 non touch gen1 at the console is doing some odd stuff, and I (maybe) can squeeze out just a bit of tax refund money to spend on a toy myself, depending on lots of things, not the least of which is COVID. 

I have never had the side imaging option, just 2d sonor. If you were on a budget, but wanted to move up a couple steps to side imaging and maybe bigger screens, what would you be looking for on the used market? 

Probably want to stay Lowrance, although if there is a way to ease into the Garmin world on the cheap, I'm all ears-

where is the bang for the buck in electronics? 

Thanks-

Mark Burris 

I went from Lowrance, to Bird and now Garmin.  No looking back Garmin all the way just for the fact of livescope.   Their 2d and side is great also.  You can get the 93 SV plus for $599 now.  I sold a whole bunch of crap to justify the livescope and it is worth every penny.  

The world changes every day it seems, so that puts a dark cloud above everything these days. 

I want to upgrade trolling motor on the Bass Cat to an Ultrex First.

Then at some point, I have to decide when to replace this Bass Cat with another Bass Cat. I think I'll need to keep the boat at least two years after getting the Ultrex.

The next Bass Cat will also likely be a gentley used boat. That Bass Cat will get whatever version of LiveScope is out. 

I'm really curious if anyone is using the LiveScope to help isolate White Bass when they are doing the Spring push up creeks. 

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

• Members
2 hours ago, 97procraft said:

If you like Garmin and are looking to upgrade in size, Bass Pro has the Garmin 9" on sale right now.  The Echomap 93sv plus for $599.  It has the capability of adding livescope. 

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/garmin-echomap-plus-93sv-with-gt52-transducer-fish-finder-chartplotter-combo

Not sure if they are available online or not still, but i know the big store had 140 on opening morning of the fishing classic and sold out of the 93sv within 45 minutes.  The 73SV is also capable of adding a livescope to and was priced at 449$ during the clasic.

I have 2 7 inch garmins that have live scope. Buying 2 units for the price of one 10inch was a no brainier. You can see everything perfectly for a 7inch screen.  Your money goes into the live scope system if you want it mounted on the trolling motor or not. $1500.  I know a bunch of people have it on a separate pole and mount it on the side of the boat. Garmins are user friendly and the quality of the picture for the livescope compared to lowrance is unmatched. 

The Garmin's are simple and easy and I agree with comments of others.  On a budget the lowrance Ti series is good and touch screen.  Also..the hook series is good, but is not a touch and do not link.  It all depends on what you want to do with it.  At minimum I would want the side imaging in the back and a maps to link on front graph.  The garmin or lowrance TI do this.  I give the lowrance the edge on pure 2D and HD down imaging. The Garmin wins hands down for simplicity of use.  You could also add livescope later to the Garmin  Be mindful of screen size, sometimes 2 - 9 inch are cheaper than one 10 inch.  They are all good and if you do your homework you can get a nice setup.  Most of what people say are personal preference and they all work.

B. Foz