OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MNtransplant

What social distancing??

Most people ive ever seen at 215...caught a lone white and only saw one other fish caught...i think i missed another 2-3 really light bites...fish came on a home tied purple and white bucktail jig.20200329_145722.jpg

There was 9 rigs parked at 215 when we stopped to unload the boat. We floated from 215 to Taylor and ended up with 20 nice ones and several dinks between 3 of us. We had been Monday, Thursday and Friday this week and this was by far our slowest day of the week.

We did pull into slagle creek and fish for a second today. Father in law looked down and said "what is that?" It was a big musky laying there in about 2 and a half feet of crystal clear water right underneath the boat... CRAZY!!!

Nope it was for sure a musky Wrench. When my father in law first saw it he thought it was a short nose gar but then we drifted right over the top of it and there was no mistaking it was a musky. We used to fish a heated dock on pomme right by the dam and one of those things would swim by and turn the crappie bite completely off.

Fished a few hours with the kids this weekend from the bank near 215.   Caught a 17" walleye, and couple small white bass on jigs (black/white and purple).    On the topic with the Musky above, I know of at least one being caught in the river recently.   My brother sent me a pic of one his friend caught 2 years ago near 215 bridge.  It was big...close to 36" inches and he released it back into the river.   Good luck all!