OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mitch f

Another Downside to Covid-19

Of all the fish to fillet, why a smallie? I’ve never heard of them being even decent table fare. 
At a 15” minimum, the bass are iffy compared to other brands of fish. Just an opinion. 

19 minutes ago, Basfis said:

Of all the fish to fillet, why a smallie? I’ve never heard of them being even decent table fare. 
At a 15” minimum, the bass are iffy compared to other brands of fish. Just an opinion. 

A friend of mine told me that little river smallmouth - which he also told me there's lot of them - taste great.

The 12" aren't bad this early, but as summer comes they start looking wormy and as they get bigger/older they are less desirable, as memory serves, been a long long time since I kept a bass. Those look like tomato food.

I’ve seen 2 videos today on Facebook regarding ramp etiquette. I can only assume that people are using the ramps during the week as much as a normal weekend. This can’t be good for a fishery. I’m sure people want to get some fried fillets after being cooped up all winter and now home ridden from the virus. I just feel like the resource will suffer greatly.