OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Mitch f

Another Downside to Covid-19

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Oh they LOVE crap like that, don't even let them act like they don't, or that they are sorry they had to.   

Clearly you don’t know anyone in that situation.  The guys Ive known for decades  are not like that at all.  I’m out on this one too.  

6 hours ago, tjm said:

When you reckon in that more than half the Americans with jobs are government employees and over half the ones not working directly for the government are working for companies that supply the government or  on contracts  that government  subsidized in some manner or investing in companies that have government contracts and so and so forth it will work out that every one who thinks he/she/it is paying  really is just returning the money to where it came from. No body has paid for anything in the (at least) last 50 years. It was about 40 years ago that I did the math using publicly available information but back then  about 85% of all US workers were funded by some government agency or another. Of the remaining many did not work and/or were government dependents in some other manner.

Umm...not sure where you got those figures, but far less than half of Americans with jobs work for the government.  Including state and local governments, the two places with the highest percentage of government workers are DC (no surprise) and Alaska (maybe a surprise) at 25%.  The state with the least percentage of government workers is Michigan with 10.1%  Most states have around 13-15%.  And I didn't bother to try to find it, but I highly doubt that over half the employed not working directly for governments are working for companies supplying governments, etc.  And...supposedly, we taxpayers benefit from the production of those government workers (and I know that is often questionable).  

On 5/30/2020 at 5:33 PM, snagged in outlet 3 said:

False equivalency.  You don't protest against crime committed by private citizens.  You protest injustice and mistreatment by governments and police.  It doesn't make any sense to protest crime in general.  It does make sense to protest institutionalized racism and bigotry.

51 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:
2 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Clearly you don’t know anyone in that situation.  

Pfffft! 🙄 

The hell I don't.  And they are having the time of their lives.   I haven't seen them talk, text, laugh, and be so energetic in general....in quite some time.   

It fuels their soul, you can just tell.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:04 PM, Mitch f said:

Because black on black crime doesn’t push the narrative. Black cop shoots white guy...no mention. Black guy robs store and kills a worker....yawn. Black guy beats up old white guy in nursing home...no biggie. White cop kills black guy!!!!!!ding ding ding 

we have a winner!!

As I said, false equivalency, except for the black cop shooting white guy.  Black cop shooting white guy who deserves it, no problem.  Black cop doing something like this to a white guy...has that actually happened recently?  Don't know.  Everything else in your examples are simply crime, not institutionalized mistreatment seemingly based upon racism.  People don't protest crime...unless they are protesting that they are not being served well by the police in crime-ridden areas.  

10 minutes ago, Al Agnew said:

False equivalency.  You don't protest against crime committed by private citizens.  You protest injustice and mistreatment by governments and police.  It doesn't make any sense to protest crime in general.  It does make sense to protest institutionalized racism and bigotry.

You’re probably right again.  

1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Good with your opinion.  Out.  We will fish together one day, Cupcake😁

It's not an opinion, Pooky, it's an observation.  😁  If you knew these blue-liners you'd have noticed it before I did.

20 minutes ago, Al Agnew said:

As I said, false equivalency, except for the black cop shooting white guy.  Black cop shooting white guy who deserves it, no problem.  Black cop doing something like this to a white guy...has that actually happened recently?  Don't know.  Everything else in your examples are simply crime, not institutionalized mistreatment seemingly based upon racism.  People don't protest crime...unless they are protesting that they are not being served well by the police in crime-ridden areas.  

The police officers fired along with Chauvin were black and Asian...don’t think it was a race crime. But since Chauvin was white, it will surely be. It was simply a crime as you say