OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Mitch f

Another Downside to Covid-19

19 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

It's not an opinion, Pooky, it's an observation.¬† ūüėĀ

I guess We know different people, Buttercup.   I’m headed to Taney Sunday for the week.  If it doesn’t rain I might hit the gasconade on Friday for a primer.  

2 minutes ago, Mitch f said:

The police officers fired along with Chauvin were black and Asian...don’t think it was a race crime. But since Chauvin was white, it will surely be. It was simply a crime as you say

Yeah, but it was a crime by police.  That's the key here.  Black people in these places feel like the police are treating them badly.  

This ain't an easy question.  I fully understand that there are often REASONS why police treat minorities in these areas badly.  They are crime-ridden areas, and most of the crime, if not all of it, is committed by the minorities who live there.  It's easy to see how a cop can get so cynical that he just assumes that any black man who looks the least bit suspicious is likely a perp.  It's like profiling...profiling often makes sense.  But when the profiling is wrong and harasses an innocent black person, or when the supposed perp turns out to be innocent, there is a real problem.  The real question becomes,  does stuff like this happen far more frequently to minorities, especially blacks and hispanics?  I suspect it does.

3 minutes ago, Al Agnew said:

But when the profiling is wrong and harasses an innocent black person

I believe he was passing counterfeit money like he was convicted of in TX.  Not hardly innocent.   Have you ever lived in north county or north STL?  Forget it.  You’re probably right again.  

8 minutes ago, Al Agnew said:

Yeah, but it was a crime by police.  That's the key here.  Black people in these places feel like the police are treating them badly.  

This ain't an easy question.  I fully understand that there are often REASONS why police treat minorities in these areas badly.  They are crime-ridden areas, and most of the crime, if not all of it, is committed by the minorities who live there.  It's easy to see how a cop can get so cynical that he just assumes that any black man who looks the least bit suspicious is likely a perp.  It's like profiling...profiling often makes sense.  But when the profiling is wrong and harasses an innocent black person, or when the supposed perp turns out to be innocent, there is a real problem.  The real question becomes,  does stuff like this happen far more frequently to minorities, especially blacks and hispanics?  I suspect it does.

Well, when they disproportionately (and by a huge margin) commit the most crimes and murders its very hard for a Policeman not to profile. They even profile themselves. What do they expect will happen?

BBA89FDF-4EEE-405B-AD24-E6FAA6392E15.jpeg

Trump today.  I guess the bunker coward comments got to him.  So he felt it necessary to come out!!  Tear gassing protesters so he can cross the street from the White House to St Johns church, to pose for a photo op, holding a bible.  No prayer, no empathy, no real statement.  Disgusting.   Phony Christian to the core, makes me want to throw up.  

1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I believe he was passing counterfeit money like he was convicted of in TX.  Not hardly innocent.   Have you ever lived in north county or north STL?  Forget it.  You’re probably right again.  

I grew up in North Co and lived in Ferguson for years. Some dude tried to rob my house when I was in it at midnight in Ferguson. I was ready. I yelled and scared the stuffing out of him! ūüėā

Just kinda sick of folks with their knickers in a twist. Floyd was murdered, the Don acts like a spoiled child (And you can not deny that), Congress is filled with idiots, local leaders not much better. Time for us all to put our adult pants on and wade out of this mess, fire these bastards. Election 6/2 in STLCO I’m gonna go vote.