Thinking These Are Better Than Hollow Point

oneshot

I have seen those but not used any.  I am old school, .45 ACP with either a big flag cast lead bullet or 230 gr HP.  Course I like my little Taurus .357 as well with some softer loaded HPs.  Hope to never know how well they work on bad guys.

1 hour ago, MOPanfisher said:

I have seen those but not used any.  I am old school, .45 ACP with either a big flag cast lead bullet or 230 gr HP.  Course I like my little Taurus .357 as well with some softer loaded HPs.  Hope to never know how well they work on bad guys.

My wife is the only one of us that shot a bad guy. Shot him with a Shotgun, it wasn’t pretty.

oneshot

Hornady Critical Defense.  What my carry guns have in them.  The plastic in the center of the hollow point keeps them from wadding up in clothing and gives reliable expansion.  Insures it makes a big hole, no matter what you shoot.

You shooting a .40?

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

There were some studies on open cavity hollow points catching a wad of cloth as they passed thru before they hit flesh and bone.  They would fail to expand and fail to produce a deadly wound channel.  Hornady puts the red plastic in to solve it, Hydroshoks added a little spire in the center. 

I have never had to test them in real life, but good solid theory.  Hope mine just get to look pretty until I dump them in a Target and reload a fresh batch every year in the guns.

My 45 acp's are mostly loaded with Winchester PDX 230 grain since I carry them as backups hunting for the most part. The 9' and 380 have Critical Carry or Critical Duty in them.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson