OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
navery

They just keep getting bigger

2 hours ago, navery said:

Went back and found them again. Water temps dropped to 58 from the front that pushed through. 

28712.jpeg

That is a toad for sure. Congrats on getting on them again! Definitely getting jealous but in a good way. Keep posting.

16 minutes ago, navery said:

It won't let me upload anymore. I think the file sizes are too big? Anyway, it's been a fun spring so far!

20200416_111114.jpg

this photo is great! Makes me want to smile. Thanks!

Are they on main lake flats are up creek arms if you don’t mind sharing that info?  I struggle finding them in spring.

Mike

I don't usually like telling location as I already have boats that see me catching them and some how accidentally get within 6 feet of me even when I am fishing with my girls, but one of the places I have been catching them the last week is at the weir in front of the dam. I know this a known spot, but nobody knew they were there and I have had it to myself for a week, but literally had vehicles stopping on the dam to watch me 4 days ago.  I know it sounds crazy, but I assure you I am not lying or exaggerating. Since then there has been an increasing amount of boats showing up daily. I was told there were 8 boats there today. That being said, I have only seen one other boat figure out how to catch them. All the other boats are catching whites and blue cats. Anyways, I tell everyone about this bite because it will only last another 3 to 4 days before they get the lake back to power pool of 706 and shut the water off and I choose not fight other boats. 

The other structure I have been finding them on is secondary points and flats adjacent to the main channel. 

Unfortunately, they move a lot. The hardest part of catching them is finding them. 

Good luck! 

On 4/20/2020 at 4:17 PM, navery said:

I don't like posting a lot for several reasons, but one is to not come across as bragging or be the look at me type.

If I was catching them like that I'd be posting every day.  lol