Current Fishing

kelbrand

• Members

Haven't had a chance to get to the lake yet. How are things (other than the traffic, I know that's bad) ?

Where ya'll finding the fish at?

Most of the bass I'm finding are in 6-10 fow and we are hammering the crappie in less than 4 fow. Plastics have been best for me on the bass and Bobby Garland baby shad on 1/24 oz heads for the crappie.  Lake is clearing up but still stained.

• Members

Went out today and Saturday . . .unfortunately after all the rain. Fishing was bad. Water is real muddy. Talked to many more on the lake and was consoled with similar reports. The debris and wind on Saturday was pretty mean.

Does anyone know, roughly, how long it takes the lake to recover after an even like this?

I been checking lake levels the past few days . I understand there was a healthy storm last friday into sat. But did the cell just hover over Pomme? Pomme has come up almost 4 ft. Stockton just a little and Truman just a little. And now reports of muddy water and debris everywhere? 

• Members
4 hours ago, Smithvillesteve said:

I been checking lake levels the past few days . I understand there was a healthy storm last friday into sat. But did the cell just hover over Pomme? Pomme has come up almost 4 ft. Stockton just a little and Truman just a little. And now reports of muddy water and debris everywhere? 

I had 3" at the trailer Friday night.

7 hours ago, Smithvillesteve said:

Pomme is a lot smaller, rises quicker and more severely than Stockton. Not sure about rainfall amounts but that may have played a part too.

I haven't been in a week, but you can usually find clear(er) water from Wheatland on up to the dam. 

-Austin

The crappie are still there, lake falling right now,  but some fish at the original.spawn line just out from the pre rain pool level, might not be as fast as it was last week but they are there and plenty of nice ones as well.  Even a one armed guy casting with wrong hand from the bank can cat a few.

• Members

We had 5" rain north of bolivar a few miles. Had another 3" with the storm that just blew thru. Sunday was tough for us casting jigs. Could see them on the FF out from the brush in 8-10ft of water. could not get them to bite jigs or minnows. Rigged up the spyder rigs and fished 8' deep over 10-12' depth. Jigs tipped with minnows. .2 to .3 mph. caught the heck out of them. All 11"-13". Any faster and no bites. Couldnt see the bites. Just seemed like you run into a snag. Between wheatland and the dam. Should get better. I hope !!

Wow, I am 15 miles north of Bolivar and had 2 inches Friday, and only 1/2 inch of rain tonight.  Hopefully that rain you got isn't wide spread enough to really blow up the inflows. Again.