Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dtrs5kprs

Ulrich?

Recommended Posts

Watch Mike Baker Videos, of him using is Panoptix on Lake O.   It is amazing.  Also on Truman.  Phil Stone just got one and he took his wife crappie fishing this past week up Long Creek.  He said you can count the crappie in the tree and see everyone eat the jig.  Said it was totally crazy.  The Baker Videos are just unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

I got a spare Humminbird 788 with troller transducer that has a splice but worked fine for me for years i can let ya borrow or if you want to buy it. $100 

 

 Ill be coming down tomorrow, either launch at Kimberling, or Mill Creek, or where ever

 

IMG_7874 (1).jpg

Appreciate the offer. Think I managed to trick it into some kind of reboot, courtesy of the interwebs. Didn't work when we tried the trick on the water, or initially off. Took several tries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bill Babler said:

Watch Mike Baker Videos, of him using is Panoptix on Lake O.   It is amazing.  Also on Truman.  Phil Stone just got one and he took his wife crappie fishing this past week up Long Creek.  He said you can count the crappie in the tree and see everyone eat the jig.  Said it was totally crazy.  The Baker Videos are just unreal.

Gentleman I spoke with said it completely changed how he thought about fish using stumps and brush piles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought one a couple weeks ago and have only had it out once at pomme. So I am sure I don't know how to use it yet but the beam is so narrow I had a hard keeping it looking at anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bill Babler said:

Dave, that happens to me I'm simply going to tell the wife its time for Panoptix Livescope.  I keep trying to figure out a way to kill the HDS 12, but its like a cat and has 9 lives.

I'm one lottery ticket away from being a Garmin dog.  

i'm afraid that i will just have to continue doing it the old fashioned way.  heck, i' happy to have a $200.00 graph that at least shows me the bait and depth.  got to use the brain to do the rest.

 

bo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bgctrading said:

I bought one a couple weeks ago and have only had it out once at pomme. So I am sure I don't know how to use it yet but the beam is so narrow I had a hard keeping it looking at anything.

You don't have it set right.  I have also seen it on a 9" screen and a 12" screen and the view is not the same.  Major miss step if you didn't get a 12 inch screen.  Watch the Baker Video and you can tell by his.  He is going to do a complete set up coming up.  Also, Pete did a set up  in his garage on video and it was pretty good.

Buddy on Lake O had a 9 inch screen and got rid of it in 2 months.  His 12" looking at crappie under docks up there is killer.  Also in watching Mike M. this Winter his field of view was great, we had no trouble staying on shad schools and those critters were really moving side to side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, merc1997 said:

i'm afraid that i will just have to continue doing it the old fashioned way.  heck, i' happy to have a $200.00 graph that at least shows me the bait and depth.  got to use the brain to do the rest.

 

bo

Same for me, Bo. I still love the old grayscale X-17 on my console.

And I have an in-dash 1240A for running shallow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtrs5kprs said:

Same for me, Bo. I still love the old grayscale X-17 on my console.

And I have an in-dash 1240A for running shallow.

i am right there with you.  a 480 pixel graph will actually show you quite a bit, if you know what you are looking at.  side scan does let you see shallow fish out to the side and not disturb them.  but, sometimes many hours on the water will help lead you to them.

bo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.