Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bill Babler

May 5, 2020 Table Rock Lake Report

Recommended Posts

White River Outfitters Guide Service Table Rock Lake current fishing report 5-5-20 Baxter to Campbell Point

IMG_3248.jpg

Got out a bit late this morning at 0800 but it really didn't matter.  Was greeted by a 3 ft. surf coming directly in on the launch ramp and that's always interesting.  Water is super clear and the moss is totally breaking up.  Lots of it coming up and floating.  Good.  Surface temp at 64 degree.

IMG_3245.jpg

You can get a jig or bottom bait down now pretty easy in the Baxter to Shell Knob area and they seemed to like the  1/2 oz. Pig Sticker pretty well in GPO.

Today the bass/ Goggle Eye were in the wind blown flat pockets and boy were they.  You really need to get down and get you some of this.  As Bobby said not nearly as many fishermen today but that doesn't mean the lakes empty, there were folks out but they are just not fishing the way I am.  The majority of folks I saw were pitching docks and bushes in under 5' of water and as clear as it is I am presuming they were sight fishing.  There is a lot of fish up, but there are 10X that many out.

IMG_3246.jpg

Lots and lots of both Jaw's and K's suspended in 15' getting ready to move up.  Boat most of the day in 20/25ft.

Concentrated today on flat pockets and long flat points running into those pockets and it was pure bliss.  SMJ on the points going in and most of the pockets had lots of Gog's in them.  I turned them loose today as we really enjoyed what Becky fried up last night, but she said she had fried food overload today.

IMG_3247.jpg

One of the pesky rascules even tried on a megabass and caught the durn thing.

IMG_3243.jpg

Caught fish on a jig, a swim bait and a jerker, really did not matter as long as it was wet.  Bite lasted till about 2 then I got tired and fished poorly so it went away.

On another note as usual I'm the last guy to find out these things, but started using some of the Big Bite swim bait heads today.  Gosh and Golly they work good, with double keepers and a touch of Super Glue I caught 10 fish on a single Keitech and I have never done that before.  Going to be my go to swim  bait head in the future.

IMG_3256.jpgIMG_3254.jpg

If the wind and the clouds stay its going to keep on keepin on, till it gets really good and they move out and stage up post spawn.  Right now that jerk bait bite is something if your in the right place.  Keep it moving even reeling it between head turns as they want it moving.

IMG_3251.jpg

The Keitech and I also fished the Pro Blue Big Bite some today both worked like magic.  I used a 1/4 oz. head in the wind and would not be afraid to go to 3/8th. 

IMG_3252.jpg

This is just a ton of fun, I wish I had some clients to share it with.  Of course when the calls start the fish will be gone.  Right now is Right on.

I'm Giddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you catching any dragging?  Probably a stupid question but that’s my favorite way to fish...split shot or c rig...we’re begging off the pits...and headed that way tomorrow morning...pto style...thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wily said:

Are you catching any dragging?  Probably a stupid question but that’s my favorite way to fish...split shot or c rig...we’re begging off the pits...and headed that way tomorrow morning...pto style...thanks 

We were, on a split shot and doctor or fry. Those fish changed to Ned, deadsticking it, for us. I'm not torn up about it 😂.

Caught a boatload of good Kentuckies this afternoon. Took 6-7 hours to find useful wind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks...the boys favorite fish is goggle eye...going to drag the doctor around and hopefully catch a bunch...we won’t keep any

we still have a couple ten of your Ned heads but probably need  50 more...are you still selling direct?  Are you selling to the jug n plug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bill Babler said:

On another note as usual I'm the last guy to find out these things, but started using some of the Big Bite swim bait heads today.  Gosh and Golly they work good, with double keepers and a touch of Super Glue I caught 10 fish on a single Keitech and I have never done that before.  Going to be my go to swim  bait head in the future.

 

 

IMG_3256.jpgIMG_3254.jpg

Awesome report, heck of a day it seems!

Is the hook small enough for a 2.8? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, well, this crap is about to come to a screeching halt.

Little bro and me will be there for nine days starting tomorrow so y'all best get out there today and get all you can while you can cause the picken's are fixin' to get slim for a bit.

And don't forget to cover all those new plants cause we're bringing another little surprise this year......❄️

Man, I hate fishin' in the cold.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vernon said:

Yeah, well, this crap is about to come to a screeching halt.

Little bro and me will be there for nine days starting tomorrow so y'all best get out there today and get all you can while you can cause the picken's are fixin' to get slim for a bit.

And don't forget to cover all those new plants cause we're bringing another little surprise this year......❄️

Man, I hate fishin' in the cold.......

Well, you are living up to your reputation! Frost this weekend and rain every day next week! We don't have to worry about any hot weather for 9 days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.