Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Bill Babler

Hummingbird Mega 360

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Bill Babler said:

Update,   the guy I took today Don,  canned a 2 year Solix and bought a new one to go with the new Mega.  The new Solix has to have 2 updates for it to work with the Mega and there is somewhere another problem so he is taking it back to KC.  I listened today as he spoke with the Bird tech.  That person was sharp as a tack, she told him that the NEW UNIT he bought could have been sitting on the shelf at BP for over a year.  She said the other day she had a new in the box one that was sold from BP that needed 4 updates. She said if possible and I think this was confidential info, don't buy them from the Big Box Stores as they buy high volume to get backend discounts and they are not fresh.  They should be the same price or just a bit more from your boat dealer and he of course orders them and they will be fresh.

These units are still great and will work find, they just need to be programmed in the correct manner and that is not as easy as plugging in a lamp.

Problem is if you want your "Mapo"  right now.  And anyone that knows what that saying "I want my Mapo.' is over 40.

IF you buy a fresh unit and I mean the last 90 days she told him it would still need 1 update most probably, but if you buy it from a Marine Repair center or a dealer it is painless.

On a brighter note we had over 20 keeps today with some toad K's that looked like they were ready to bust and they were back in pockets getting ready to do the deed.

Good Luck 

Whew!

And I thought I was lost (and I am) with my HDS Gen 3’s but just reading that was enough for me to have go lie down for a bit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, i still say the best fishing tool you have is your brain.  it does not cost anything to update it.

bo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2020 at 12:29 PM, merc1997 said:

well, i still say the best fishing tool you have is your brain.  it does not cost anything to update it.

bo

Said a mouthful right there, bo. If you don't understand the ways of the creature you're trying to catch, no amount of technology is going to do it for you. I'm still running 998 and 958 Birds on my boat and am more than happy with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally think I saw it all yesterday on a new Phoenix.  On the bow,  Lowrance Ghost trolling motor with Panoptix and Perspective mount.  Also attached was a Hummingbird Mega 360.  Graphs on the bow Lowrance 16" Live, Garmin SV12" and Hummingbird Gen II Solix 12"  The Garmin and the Bird were stacked, on a Precision Marine mount.  The big 16 had its own mount.

Heated seats padded and raised deck on a 21 Elite with a 250 4 stroke Merc. with a Hydraulic Jack Plate  Boat had Poles and a Locker Bar and a complete interior LED add on Light package.

On the Console 2 Garmin SV12 one with Side Scan and the  other mapping and 2 D sonar.  All this  sitting  on a Warrior Trailer.with light package.

 Easy,   $110,000.00 plus.  

It was hooked up to what looked like a new Cadillac  Escalade.  Truck was Black and the Boat was Black and White with one set of red pins to match the red on the motor.

That is well over a 200 Grrrrrrr package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bill Babler said:

Totally think I saw it all yesterday on a new Phoenix.  On the bow,  Lowrance Ghost trolling motor with Panoptix and Perspective mount.  Also attached was a Hummingbird Mega 360.  Graphs on the bow Lowrance 16" Live, Garmin SV12" and Hummingbird Gen II Solix 12"  The Garmin and the Bird were stacked, on a Precision Marine mount.  The big 16 had its own mount.

Heated seats padded and raised deck on a 21 Elite with a 250 4 stroke Merc. with a Hydraulic Jack Plate  Boat had Poles and a Locker Bar and a complete interior LED add on Light package.

On the Console 2 Garmin SV12 one with Side Scan and the  other mapping and 2 D sonar.  All this  sitting  on a Warrior Trailer.with light package.

 Easy,   $110,000.00 plus.  

It was hooked up to what looked like a new Cadillac  Escalade.  Truck was Black and the Boat was Black and White with one set of red pins to match the red on the motor.

That is well over a 200 Grrrrrrr package.

Good for him/her.  Hope they enjoy it in good health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm considering Garmin including Force TM and  Livescope and was curious if those who have one have the transducer mounted on the trolling motor or on separate bracket/pole.   I would think if you are running the livescope and have the trolling motor on spot lock, the constant movement would mess up the livescope picture?   Appreciate any input.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pstone said:

I'm considering Garmin including Force TM and  Livescope and was curious if those who have one have the transducer mounted on the trolling motor or on separate bracket/pole.   I would think if you are running the livescope and have the trolling motor on spot lock, the constant movement would mess up the livescope picture?   Appreciate any input.  Thanks.

I have a new Ranger Z519 coming that is due any day now which will have all Garmin including Livescope.  The transducer will be mounted on a separate foot controlled motorized shaft attached to the trolling motor shaft so when on spot lock, the transducer can be moved independently.  The device is just out from development and just now getting ready for production.  I understand I will have the first Garmin mount and that McClelland got one of the first Motorguide mounts and some other guys got the Ultrex mount, maybe Stacey King.  I will report how they work and post some pics as well when I get setup, hopefully in a couple weeks.  I think you can see some pics of it on RM Industries, Purdy, MO.  

Bobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.