Water was off last night?

25 minutes ago, JestersHK said:

Guess we won't have to worry about dragging bottom... missed water off by just a few days lol story of my life.

Just hope the thunderstorms stay away. 

I’ve missed it hundreds of times.  Sometimes while putting on my waders in the parking lot all giddy with excitement.  Horn blows.  Party over. 

12 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I’ve missed it hundreds of times.  Sometimes while putting on my waders in the parking lot all giddy with excitement.  Horn blows.  Party over. 

That's the worst lol. I've learned to just roll with it, but it is a pain. 

Yep, that's in the plan for this trip. Looks like we may get some dry time in on Thursday.  Not holding my breath though.  Just hoping for rain and not lightning...

2 minutes ago, JestersHK said:

Yep, that's in the plan for this trip. Looks like we may get some dry time in on Thursday.  Not holding my breath though.  Just hoping for rain and not lightning...

Lightning is not your friend when it comes to night time trout.  Not only the danger factor but it scares the hell out the fish when the water is shallow. It's like shining a giant flash light in the water you are fishing. Good luck to you guys and I hope you get into some of those great fish that Phil has been talking about.  

31 minutes ago, laker67 said:

Lightning is not your friend when it comes to night time trout.  Not only the danger factor but it scares the hell out the fish when the water is shallow. It's like shining a giant flash light in the water you are fishing. Good luck to you guys and I hope you get into some of those great fish that Phil has been talking about.  

Yeah I don't mess around with lightning and water... never thought about it spooking them. 

Hopefully we can get a few breaks in the rain.  Phones waterproof and we'll have a couple gopros in case we get into some big ones.  I hope we can find them.