Since virus stopped our trip down

Hunter53

4 hours ago, LD Fisher said:

WOW!!  What a day!!        I'm sorry, I musta missed the address and location of that lake in your report!! 😁  

It is actually in your state of KS; north central part. 

2 hours ago, Bill Babler said:

Good Client of mine has a 26 acre lake on one of his farms at Savannah, Mo.  His daughter caught this monster there 2 weeks ago.  He is a Dr. and money is not an object they built the lake 20 years ago with a maximum depth of 60'.  Huge undertaking.  He stocked it 12 years ago with Florida F1 bass.  He puts about 500 lbs of  shiners a year in for both the F1's and Northern LM, He also stocks it with the fast growing sunfish, and believes that the bass eat them too.

They didn't have a scale but the bass measured 27 inches on a yard stick.  Said they also found about 150 morels.  

Sorry about the photo quality I just sent it to myself and took a picture to post it was coming up Jpeg and my computer won;t handle that.

IMG_3260.jpg

After the initial stocking many years ago this pond has had no additional stocking or feed of any kind put in. It is all just nature taking its course. No Florida strain up here either.

It is the same pond I caught this 9-7 out of a few years ago after me and buddy shot a limit of doves in the morning. The pic doesn't do this fish justice at all. Should have long armed it I guess. LOL.  When I got it to the boat and grabbed it I told my buddy it was the biggest bass I had ever caught as it was easy to tell it was bigger than my best of 7-15.

hQPtRmG.jpg

1 hour ago, Champ188 said:

Hey Dave, would love to have seen you guys but glad you had some fun pulling on those big pond fish. Hope you'll get down here this fall. You both look great! 

As of now we are planning to come down in September sometime. We would have liked to make it in October but I have my first ever antelope hunt planned in October out in WY.

22 minutes ago, Fish24/7 said:

Thank you for helping stop the spread, nice bass too!

If only more people would follow CDC guidelines about unnecessary travel. 

Wife's job said if she traveled out of state she would have to quarantine for two weeks after getting home is why we didn't come.

At the time we would have came there were no cases in the county we live in or the county she works in. There are only 5 in the county she works in now and none of them use the hospital/clinic she works at. Still no cases in the county we live in. We definitely would not have been spreading it down there.

We would have been staying in our camper so any contact would have been very minimal. We thought it was stupid actually not to be able to come.

If there had been a lot of cases up here or down there we obviously would not have came to make sure to not spread it though.

1 hour ago, Hunter53 said:

Wife's job said if she traveled out of state she would have to quarantine for two weeks after getting home is why we didn't come.

At the time we would have came there were no cases in the county we live in or the county she works in. There are only 5 in the county she works in now and none of them use the hospital/clinic she works at. Still no cases in the county we live in. We definitely would not have been spreading it down there.

We would have been staying in our camper so any contact would have been very minimal. We thought it was stupid actually not to be able to come.

If there had been a lot of cases up here or down there we obviously would not have came to make sure to not spread it though.

🤦‍♂️

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

"The only money ever wasted is money never spent."  Me.

On 5/12/2020 at 12:00 PM, Hunter53 said:

As of now we are planning to come down in September sometime. We would have liked to make it in October but I have my first ever antelope hunt planned in October out in WY.

Cool, hope to see you then! 

ClassActionTransparent.png

9 hours ago, Champ188 said:

Cool, hope to see you then! 

I will send you a text when it gets closer and we nail down dates for sure.