TR for upcoming weekend 5/13 to 5/17

JestersHK

Placeholder for tomorrow through Sunday.   My awesome wife booked me a condo at Point Royale for my 40th Bday, (sorry Phil when she booked everything was closing up or we'd be there) for Wednesday to Sunday.  

My original plans to go to Alaska for my 40th fell through as I switched employers in January...  It's also been a rough ride which I'm adjusting to life as an IT mercenary. That means if I don't work I don't get paid so my freedom to just take off and go fish has been drastically reduced.

I haven't trout fished in months due to work and covid hotting my current healthcare employer hard, and I'm ready and overdue for an awesome trip with my usual cast of characters.  There will be 7 of us when Seth gets down on Friday.  Have a great mix of seasoned anglers and a few recreational fishermen who tolerate our marathon fishing methods.

Plan is to hit it hard each day and night as the water and weather permits... figure with this many guys that are great jig and jerk bait slingers we're hoping to stick a big brown at some point.

If anyone's down or would like to join our  motley crew for night time adventures chasin sea monsters just shoot me a PM and I'll send ya my cell.  Going to be interesting for sure with the crazy rain forecast.

If it's not pouring we'll try to keep this thread updated with reports and pics.

Tight lines everyone, 

16 minutes ago, JestersHK said:

Placeholder for tomorrow through Sunday.   My awesome wife booked me a condo at Point Royale for my 40th Bday, (sorry Phil when she booked everything was closing up or we'd be there) for Wednesday to Sunday.  

My original plans to go to Alaska for my 40th fell through as I switched employers in January...  It's also been a rough ride which I'm adjusting to life as an IT mercenary. That means if I don't work I don't get paid so my freedom to just take off and go fish has been drastically reduced.

I haven't trout fished in months due to work and covid hotting my current healthcare employer hard, and I'm ready and overdue for an awesome trip with my usual cast of characters.  There will be 7 of us when Seth gets down on Friday.  Have a great mix of seasoned anglers and a few recreational fishermen who tolerate our marathon fishing methods.

Plan is to hit it hard each day and night as the water and weather permits... figure with this many guys that are great jig and jerk bait slingers we're hoping to stick a big brown at some point.

If anyone's down or would like to join our  motley crew for night time adventures chasin sea monsters just shoot me a PM and I'll send ya my cell.  Going to be interesting for sure with the crazy rain forecast.

If it's not pouring we'll try to keep this thread updated with reports and pics.

Tight lines everyone, 

Sounds awesome HK, im headed up to the dam tonight to see if i can catch that break in the rain just right. I'll be bank fishing so ill probably be throwing jigs and jerkbaits and ill have the fly gear with too. Ill try to remember to post a report this evening.

For once I'm actually preparing ahead of time instead of running around with my hair on fire trying to fly out the door.  Jerk baits all got a hook check and once over. Crank baits and big sticks too...

The signature series are gonna be working hard this weekend!!! Duanes hooks are sharp... I have a few extra holes already.

My jig boxes are still a hot mess, but we're getting there.  Butterfly net and big boy net are ready to go. Scale, tapes, and mesh bag are ready if we get something worth measuring.

Gonna be tough getting to sleep tonight.  MNtransplant sent me some motivation this evening!

20200512_202949.jpg

8 hours ago, JestersHK said:

For once I'm actually preparing ahead of time instead of running around with my hair on fire trying to fly out the door.  Jerk baits all got a hook check and once over. Crank baits and big sticks too...

The signature series are gonna be working hard this weekend!!! Duanes hooks are sharp... I have a few extra holes already.

My jig boxes are still a hot mess, but we're getting there.  Butterfly net and big boy net are ready to go. Scale, tapes, and mesh bag are ready if we get something worth measuring.

Gonna be tough getting to sleep tonight.  MNtransplant sent me some motivation this evening!

20200512_202949.jpg

Sent it to me too. I bet you are quivering already DJ !  :)    I am and I'm not even going!!!!!!!!!!!

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Yeah buddy, 3 hours of water off last night too... looks like 2in of rain so far and TR is still climbing though. Only about 13 hours left of waiting haha.

22 minutes ago, trythisonemv said:

I'm mind boggled that we throw so many jerk baits but never here of anyone chucking meat on taney during this high water .... if I lived down there I wouldn't be pulled off the streamer rod or lake  lol

I'm with you but it wouldn't take me long to be worn to a frazzle.  

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

56 minutes ago, trythisonemv said:

I'm mind boggled that we throw so many jerk baits but never here of anyone chucking meat on taney during this high water .... if I lived down there I wouldn't be pulled off the streamer rod or lake  lol

CLoyd is an exclusive chucker I believe.  I'll try to use my fly rods more this trip lol.

33 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

I'm with you but it wouldn't take me long to be worn to a frazzle.  

Well you know you always have an open invite with me my friend.  You and Pat want to just come down for dinner and we'll figure it out too buddy.  Goes for all my OA friends.

I'm excited for this trip. After CAM got cancelled and the big fish went nuts, I've been chomping at the bit to get back down there. @JestersHK and his pals can draw straws on who gets to fish out of my boat during the day. Chances are good that one of them will tie in to a big brown. The monkey on my back when it comes to browns is still alive and well for me, but seems to be graceful to others in my boat.