Name That Snake.

jdmidwest

It doesn't look alive. Head looks kind of smashed. Kind off looks like a banded water snake to me also.

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

On 5/19/2020 at 9:07 PM, jdmidwest said:

Needed to whiz really bad while out and about today.  City has shut down all park restrooms and put in porta units.  Pop open the door with the transition lenses dark on a dark stormy day.  Zipper about half down and .............

IMG_20200519_134823.jpg

You dribbled on the floor...

John

Its a water snake with a full belly.  You can tell more about it towards the end of the tail where orange bands on belly wrap back around.  Water snakes have fat jaws, but copperheads have more of a curl there and horn like bumps over the eyes and pits.  The pic sucks, because of the low light.

He was alive and resting.  The city guys pulled thru the park about that time, I alerted them to the critter.  They called animal control and I took off to the next park to finish the job.

T4fxrqGV78WUeGNwsGqXi-1200-80.jpg

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

11 hours ago, jdmidwest said:

Its a water snake with a full belly.  You can tell more about it towards the end of the tail where orange bands on belly wrap back around.  Water snakes have fat jaws, but copperheads have more of a curl there and horn like bumps over the eyes and pits.  The pic sucks, because of the low light.

He was alive and resting.  The city guys pulled thru the park about that time, I alerted them to the critter.  They called animal control and I took off to the next park to finish the job.

When are you sending my winnings?

Don't know why I didn't see this post until now...those of you who thought it was a copperhead either don't know how to identify copperheads or have never seen one.  The markings are completely wrong for a copperhead.  FYI, copperhead blotches are thin on top and widen down the side.  They've been likened to Hershey's Kisses.  But if they are connected across the back,  the connection is always a lot thinner than the parts of the blotches that are on the sides.  You could say that if they are connected, they look a bit like bow ties.  This snake has blotches that are THICKEST on the back and thin down the sides, AND it has another row of blotches on the lower sides, which copperheads don't have.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:30 PM, jdmidwest said:

Come one, no takers on the species?  Dad flunked the quiz as did many other outdoorsmen around the office.

Well... First thought was water snake...but could be Rubber too ;).... You don't seem to be above pranking.