Indian Point to Cow Creek

pstone

• Members

My Friend and I started at about 6:45 this morning putting in at Indian Point Marina.   Went toward Cow Creek and stopped off at a cove just above Point 5.  Caught a nice keep smallie on a red fin on 3rd cast.   But no more action on top water.   Went on down to Cow Creek and caught a few decent keepers on swim baits, mostly just off secondary points, sitting in about 20 feet.   On the way back to the Marina, stopped at the pocket by Point 5 and got 3 more good smallmouth (17-18.5 inches)  all on swimbait.    Didn't catch numbers today, but had 7 good keepers.   Got off water about 1:00 PM.  Water temp 65 degrees.IMG_2720.jpgIMG_2721.jpgIMG_2724.jpgIMG_2723.jpg

IMG_2726.jpg

• Members

Thanks, Bill.  He popped it hard once, then came back and nailed it again and I had him hooked good.   I was disappointed we didn't do better on the topwater.  thought it was an ideal day for it.    Was thankful to catch the others on the swimmer though.   Take care and be safe this weekend.  Weather could be a bit rough at times.