Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

Recommended Posts

I’ll tolerate a missed placed birds nest but these have got to go. I live in the burbs and I have some new game I’m about to take care of.  I’m overrun with possums and raccoons.  So many of them that I have two game trails in my backyard that are beat down to bare dirt.  I have pictures on my game Camera of three or four raccoons and possums in the picture at the same time   Plus house cats and needless to say many deer.  Today I got my trap from amazon and my wife picked up a bag of marshmallows.  Hopefully pics of caged animals to follow.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I’ll tolerate a missed placed birds nest but these have got to go. I live in the burbs and I have some new game I’m about to take care of.  I’m overrun with possums and raccoons.  So many of them that I have two game trails in my backyard that are beat down to bare dirt.  I have pictures on my game Camera of three or four raccoons and possums in the picture at the same time   Plus house cats and needless to say many deer.  Today I got my trap from amazon and my wife picked up a bag of marshmallows.  Hopefully pics of caged animals to follow.😁

          Oh boy can't wait for first skunk! They like cat food :) Ask me how I know :( .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those thieving rascals!  Had a problem one year with coons getting into the tomato plants, got one of those live traps, and baited it with the half eaten tomatoes they left behind.  Got 2 young'uns the first night, then their mama the next.  Mama was a tad ticked off.

I'd run a long rope to the trap just in case you get a skunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I’ll tolerate a missed placed birds nest but these have got to go. I live in the burbs and I have some new game I’m about to take care of.  I’m overrun with possums and raccoons.  So many of them that I have two game trails in my backyard that are beat down to bare dirt.  I have pictures on my game Camera of three or four raccoons and possums in the picture at the same time   Plus house cats and needless to say many deer.  Today I got my trap from amazon and my wife picked up a bag of marshmallows.  Hopefully pics of caged animals to follow.😁

What you gonna do with them when you catch them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No skunks on cameras in two years that I’ve had them.  I watched the population take off on camera.  Mentioned it to my neighbor today and he said the lady in the other cul de sac feeds them cat food.  I also have many cats on camera so I’m using marshmallows because cats don’t do sweet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dutch said:

What you gonna do with them when you catch them?

I used to let them go for a swim.  Skunk in a trap is no problem.  Cover with a tarp and then let her go for a swim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Quillback said:

Those thieving rascals!  Had a problem one year with coons getting into the tomato plants, got one of those live traps, and baited it with the half eaten tomatoes they left behind.  Got 2 young'uns the first night, then their mama the next.  Mama was a tad ticked off.

I'd run a long rope to the trap just in case you get a skunk.

What do you do when you get to the end of the rope that's closest to the trap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

No skunks on cameras in two years that I’ve had them.  I watched the population take off on camera.  Mentioned it to my neighbor today and he said the lady in the other cul de sac feeds them cat food.  I also have many cats on camera so I’m using marshmallows because cats don’t do sweet.  

Cats like to swim too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.